Film Cameras and lenses
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2006   #1
walturd

CamelKarma:
Default Film Cameras and lenses

I decided to jump into digital photography and am having difficulty in selling my Canon film camera gear...perhaps I should just hold onto it and treat it all as antique stuff. Anyone else experience this phenomena?
walturd

Old 09-17-2006   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Film Cameras and lenses

It is definitely a buyer's market for film cameras. I picked up a Nikon F4 this year for under $300. This was a professional-level film camera! Keep it as a collector's item for now and wait for the film camera nostalgia movement. If you have any recent Canon gear, you might be able to use it on a Canon DSLR.
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
walturd

CamelKarma:

Yep---you're right....I've about decided to wrap it all up carefully and keep it...Who knows? Someday, my grand kids may thank me for doing so. I did buy an adaptor so that I can use the FD lenses with my EOS camera. Never, ever, ever sit down and tally up what you have invested in photography equipment....

walturd
Old 09-17-2006   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 788
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by walturd
Never, ever, ever sit down and tally up what you have invested in photography equipment....
Isn't that the truth! At least it keeps us out of trouble.... usually!
Latinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882
Editing OK?: Ask First

I still have 5 film cameras, mainly Canon FD's. All are valued at under $200. each so I'll just keep them, use them fairly often and scan the images to digi. My lenses alone are worth much more in terms of performance than they are monetarily.
During the era of heavy cameras and lenses built by Canon like my FTQL, all the Canon FD lenses were pretty much quality because they didn't have a consumer line and a pro line like now. If taken care of, they should last forever and make good images.

Adolph Hitler
Sidebyte is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera »

Share this topic: