nikon vs. 3rd party flash units
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2005   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default nikon vs. 3rd party flash units

I have been looking for 3rd party flash units that are comparible to the Nikon SB's 26,27,28. What are the alternatives?

Old 08-25-2005   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: nikon vs. 3rd party flash units

David, I wouldn't even go there. If you were shooting Canon, maybe. But Nikon's flash units are so well designed and operate so efficiently that I believe it is unwise to look at third-party alternatives.

Nikon's flash technology is the envy of the industry, and it's perhaps the one thing I miss the most from the days that I shot Nikon.

My 2 cents.
Old 09-14-2005   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 31066

Since I use my flash units on Nikon and other cameras, and since I could never justify the high price of the Nikon electronic flash units, I have used Vivitar 283 flash units for over 20 years. Regretfully, production of the 283 was recently discontinued.
Narsuitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882

As the poster above stated, Nikon is the best so don't fight mother nature! I bought an excellent used SB28 from KEH for my F4 for a little over $100. Hard to beat the price or the unit.

Adolph Hitler
Sidebyte is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Film Camera »

Share this topic: