Bikini Swimsuit Model Carrie Cameron + Vid - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010   #51
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bikini Swimsuit Model Carrie Cameron + Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBthePHOTOGRAPHER
Nowhere did i say that my photoshop retouching secrets would be revealed for FREE, you can ( like I did ) work in photoshop for 5+ years AND countless hours of researching online to find tips.. in fact if you want free tips go head on over to youtube there are TONS of free photoshop tips. Once again I said NOTHING in this post about FREE TIPS IN MY "FREE" VIDEO get your facts straight.

No one forced you to view the video, no bait and switch here, I merely put it up if people are interested... my post here was just to post the images for others to check out i always like feedback on my work.

I thought photocamel was a friendly community.. it seems to be just like some of the other boards out there where people hide behind their computers acting like children and NOT professionals. Please stop posting your CRAP in this thread start a new one if you want to debate an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallace29 View Post
Perspective, viewpoint, whatever you want to call it, advertising is advertising.

In a way you are right. Your hair splitting way of stating, “nowhere in the video did I say that my tutorials are free.” You go on to say “Please stop posting my crap in this thread”, while you have boxed my quote.

We know you have the ability to shoot your mouth off. We know, that, you know how to read. What you have not proven is the capacity to comprehend.

When you registered on the Photocamel website, YOU agreed to abide by the bylaws of the website set forth by the administrators and the moderators. YOU, were not recruited to become a member of the Photocamel because you had the “right stuff”, you came onboard to try to make a few bucks off of your video. YOU then decide to insult the people who point this out to you. What is sad, you might be a credible photographer who could make contributions to the Photocamel site.

You claim there is no bait and switch. Here is my synopsis of the problem. We all know, that YouTube is a free video posting website. By posting a trailer on YouTube, YOU imply the instruction is free. YOU imply the instruction is free by directing us to the YouTube site, as opposed to directing us to your own website where the actual exchange of money takes place. You direct us to your website for the exchange of money because YouTube will not allow you to sell a downloadable video unless you pay them their ADVERTISING FEE. Your post clearly states: “Here is a quick video trailer from the behind the scenes video.” The face of YOUR YouTube link clearly states: “In the full video you will see: Photoshop Retouching of Model.” What you do not say is that, the YouTube link, is a link, to the trailer, of an advertisement, of a downloadable video. Comprehend?

Your advertising is a waste because there are so many videos and tutorials available on the Photocamel and RetouchPRO for free. If you have a lens for sale, go ahead sell it, even a good light setup, members of the Photocamel will always appreciate a good deal. Your instructional video is a slap in the face.
Repeated for good measure.
JeanMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #52
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanMarc View Post
Maybe you also, after years, realise the futility of your ways now. But I doubt it.
What's futile about good entertainment? I love outting you. It's a game.

It's not even like I hunt for you. Half the time I didn't even realize you got banned before I start seeing your new persona pop up and think "boy THAT looks familiar" and start backtracking.
Old 01-06-2010   #53
TLV
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2904816

Oh Goodness me....PLEASE STOP IT NOW......otherwise I will have to take action.....this is a site for mature people. you guys have all made your respective points now CHILL!!!!!!!

There will be no winner if you continue.

Please

Derek
TLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #54
TLV
F1 Camel

Oh Goodness me....PLEASE STOP IT NOW......otherwise I will have to take action.....this is a site for mature people. you guys have all made your respective points now CHILL!!!!!!!

Please

Derek
Old 01-06-2010   #55
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallace29 View Post
YOU, were not recruited to become a member of the Photocamel because you had the “right stuff”, you came onboard to try to make a few bucks off of your video. YOU then decide to insult the people who point this out to you. What is sad, you might be a credible photographer who could make contributions to the Photocamel site.
Actually you are wrong.. I got solicited on ANOTHER forum back in 1/24/07 to come check out this forum out i had no clue of its existence.

"You probably want to check out photocamel, too, where Lorek moderates. Good stuff and work there as well. Keep it up!

http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,8012.0.html"

So I came here to post a few pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanMarc View Post
Repeated for good measure.
Please by all means keep flaming the thread so it keeps being pushed to the top

Thanks!
JACOBthePHOTOGRAPHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #56
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLV View Post

Please

Derek
Not a problem on my end
JACOBthePHOTOGRAPHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #57
TLV
F1 Camel

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBthePHOTOGRAPHER View Post
Not a problem on my end
Old 01-06-2010   #58
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327
Editing OK?: Yes

Jacob, I'm not a fashion photographer but one thing I see that I thought I'd mention, in otherwise just-about-perfect lighting - in #2, the bathing suit top covering her right breast has blown highlights. If that wasn't there, I'd say that one is my fav of all of these. Very nice work.

Also I'm curious about the blue sand around her in #3. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Old 01-06-2010   #59
Llama

CamelKarma: 7284

IMHO...this is not an argument, this is an engagement if ideas and ideals. These intellectual debates build character, they strengthen the moral fiber of America, they are fun. Let's talk about healthcare too. Conservative Republicans just love me. Jakob is a good guy, in a bar we would talk cameras and photography, even if he did not have the intelligence to own Nikon.

Sincerely,

Dwallace29-glorified novice
dwallace29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #60
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Lily View Post
Jacob, I'm not a fashion photographer but one thing I see that I thought I'd mention, in otherwise just-about-perfect lighting - in #2, the bathing suit top covering her right breast has blown highlights. If that wasn't there, I'd say that one is my fav of all of these. Very nice work.

Also I'm curious about the blue sand around her in #3. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Thats a very good spot! I did realize i blew out a tiny bit of her top I tried to go in and dodge and burn it but it was too blow out... I could reshoot that portion of the bikini top ad shop it in.. but i think its ok for now the client loved it so gotta let this one slide

Yea i have to say i LOVE number 1 the look she gives from her shoulder and the way she is standing is just awesome.

The blue sand might be coming from the processing or the cool tone i added during lightroom... I white balanced to the sand then brought it a bit cooler once again the client loved it so i stuck with it.

Thanks for the kind words

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: