Miss Tiffany S.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 62
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Miss Tiffany S.

Hey guys/gals comments and critiques are greatly appreciated. I've been a member here for awhile now but due to school I haven't been able to contribute to the forum as planned but now that I''ve graduated hopefully ill have a lil more time to contribute photography and the forum.

Old 12-29-2008   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Miss Tiffany S.

I like #1.
Old 12-30-2008   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 228901
Editing OK?: No

Yep, no 1 is very nice. I looks a little soft though but maybe that's the jpeg conversion.
Old 12-30-2008   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 62
Editing OK?: Ask first

Thank you guys for the comments thus far, they are greatly appreciated
lilant56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 285
Editing OK?: Ask First

by doing short lighting on #2 you are causing a dark patch on her neck and hair. i.e. on a high key photo that means you are emphasizing her neck and hair, not her face. Using broad lighting would make a dark patch on her right cheek attracting attention to her features not her neck and hair.

Also There is no point in vignetting a dark border on a high key photo. vignette a light one. That way the face doesn't have to compete with the corners for attention.

Also on #1 the african face filling the whole picture makes it a low key photo, i.e. the white background is competing with the light eye makeup for attention. If u did it on a dark background the attention would have been to 1) the makeup, 2) the face 3) the hair 4) the background. currently attention is 1) the background 2)the eye makeup 3)the face 4) hair. So its not actually emphasizing what your intention is, i.e. probably the models eyes and face.
bukboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327
Editing OK?: Yes

Actually on #1 my attention went directly to her eye. And then it wandered to her face, then her hair. I didn't pay the least attention to the background until I read the comment above this one, which I disagree respectfully with. So I think #1 is a success. Have some karma.
Old 01-04-2009   #7
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 34
Editing OK?: Ask First

Nice!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: