Keep your hands on the wheel...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1410
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Keep your hands on the wheel...

She askes me : How do I posed sitting down here ??
I answer : Just keep your hands on the wheel, and make some expressions !!!

This is what I got, it sure is good to be young and pretty. Saves the photographers much work.

Please excuse me if some of you may not like the frame too much. But I am just too lazy to host two different sets of the photos online, and the model seems to like this particular frame for her book.

Again, the RAY FLASH ringflash adapter was use on camera as a fill flash to get the even skin tones.

Old 06-19-2008   #2
Bactrian

Location: That thin line between teaching middle schoolers to sing, and sanity...
CamelKarma: 5886
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Keep your hands on the wheel...

Cute model and nice pictures. They look a little overexposed, but considering that it's that way in all of them, I'm assuming you were going for that??

Also, I don't get the tongue thing in the last one - can you explain?

My personal favorites are #1 and #2. Nice work on those - skin tones are nice, pleasant expression, and I like the treatment of the hands/arms. I'd like to see her eyes pop a little more, though, so try this as a "Lucis Art"-lite treatment:

- Make a duplicate layer of the image and erase everything from the duplicate except for the irises.
- Make the duplicate layer a screen
- Touch up the erasing that you did so that the duplicate is just inside the dark outer ring of the iris.
- Burn the outer edge of the duplicate iris and SLIGHTLY sharpen the whole duplicate iris.
- Adjust the opacity of the duplicate layer to look natural (usually around 20% - 40%).

That should make her eyes really pop.

"...God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son"
- 1 John 5:11

http://www.petersen-photo.com
PetersenPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #3
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersenPhotography View Post
Cute model and nice pictures. They look a little overexposed, but considering that it's that way in all of them, I'm assuming you were going for that??

Also, I don't get the tongue thing in the last one - can you explain?

My personal favorites are #1 and #2. Nice work on those - skin tones are nice, pleasant expression, and I like the treatment of the hands/arms. I'd like to see her eyes pop a little more, though, so try this as a "Lucis Art"-lite treatment:

- Make a duplicate layer of the image and erase everything from the duplicate except for the irises.
- Make the duplicate layer a screen
- Touch up the erasing that you did so that the duplicate is just inside the dark outer ring of the iris.
- Burn the outer edge of the duplicate iris and SLIGHTLY sharpen the whole duplicate iris.
- Adjust the opacity of the duplicate layer to look natural (usually around 20% - 40%).

That should make her eyes really pop.
Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the detail instructions. sure will try it out later...

As for the slight over exposure, just trying to adhere to the theme of "Sunshine Girl"

And the last picture with the tongue, just adding a little spicy to one series of photos to keep it livelier. Very amateur-like , I know..... but it make the work FUN...

Again, thanks for the detail comments.
KC
KCMui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 1483

I like the tongue and one eye squinted!
dwightmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 11406
Editing OK?: No

Very nicely done. I like them all.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #6
Vicuna

Few more from the same shoot...... yes, a little slow on the PP.... :-{

Thanks for browsing..............
KCMui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #7
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327

Wow, I think these are the most fun I've seen for a while! Nothing amatuerish that I can see. Well done! I love the brightness of them all. And she's definitely a cutie!

Critique and comments always welcome.
Rain Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: