Femmalyn glamour - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007   #21
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Femmalyn glamour

I dont know when you do your pics but that're very very good
Pegasus61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #22
TLV
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2904816

So....how were the workshops?
TLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #23
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 59

like the 4th one only
Old 11-03-2007   #24
MrB
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 59253
Editing OK?: Yes

I like 5 best.
Old 11-04-2007   #25
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 9005

The workshops were great
J.A.F. Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #26
Llama

CamelKarma: 1483

Speaking of the workshops ... I got home, replaced the battery in my light meter that had been sitting unused in my Pelican case for three years, took it in my studio and played with just the meter and strobes for an hour. First time I've used the meter in the studio even though I didn't shoot a frame. I need to calibrate it for sure. One thing I did do was test my Bowens QUADX generators for consistency in light volume and found they generally sit within 1/10th of a stop which was a pleasant surprise. Both light meter calibration and light source consistency were covered by Frank. He also did a couple of simple lighting setups, Wow Portrait and "Jumping". I was saturated after the light meter and initial model posing sections so I just watched most of the model shooting. Frank gave some good tips on working with the models with some emphasis on not needing to touch them but rather use hand movements. I got enough out of this one workshop to last me into next year but I also picked up his three DVDs (which I have loaned to a tog I shoot with who couldn't make the workshop due to military commitments) and will go through them when I get settled with the meter.

Just so you know, what I usually do in the studio is tether to my laptop and do all setup by shooting and viewing using the histogram. Initial setup can take a while with this method. I'm hoping to cut a lot of time off with the meter. And seeing how Frank uses the modeling lights to pose the model was revealing. And it was nice to meet/see a bunch of other shooters ... always nice to know that I'm not as bizarre as some would suggest.
dwightmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #27
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 9005

You were not bizarre
I felt bizarre most of the time, it's really fun to talk to the photographers out there and hear their opinions on the photography they do and what they want to learn.

When you learn to trust your meter your workflow will be cut in half at least.
I have bought the 758DR in the states (too cheap now with the Euro/Dollar to let it lie there) and you will see that with a good meter you will go blind on your meter and don't need to chimp anymore.
J.A.F. Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #28
Llama

CamelKarma: 1483

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F. Doorhof View Post
You were not bizarre
I felt bizarre most of the time, it's really fun to talk to the photographers out there and hear their opinions on the photography they do and what they want to learn.

When you learn to trust your meter your workflow will be cut in half at least.
I have bought the 758DR in the states (too cheap now with the Euro/Dollar to let it lie there) and you will see that with a good meter you will go blind on your meter and don't need to chimp anymore.
I have a Gossen Luna-Star F2 which is almost as costly as the 758DR although it has no spot meter so I'm hoping it is adequate.
dwightmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #29
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 12

Nice Shots!! The lighting and processing on #4 is absolutely beautiful!
Old 11-10-2007   #30
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

Incredible series !!!

Your work keeps going up in quality !!!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: