Natural beauty and light
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 4051792
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Natural beauty and light

Hi all..

This one of today's shots, I edited quickly and shared.. Any c&c is much appreciated..

Thanks

Old 09-06-2013   #2
Dromedary

Default Re: Natural beauty and light

Two more..

samerr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 172300

Nice attempt and cute model. Could work on her facial expressions and bend her right arm a bit more in #1 to open up the space & in #3 avoid that totally straight arm..
yellowtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #4
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtiger View Post
Nice attempt and cute model. Could work on her facial expressions and bend her right arm a bit more in #1 to open up the space & in #3 avoid that totally straight arm..
Thank you for commenting.. I agree about the arms.. will take care next time..

The purpose of this session was to bring that "magical" expression.. I am really hungry for tips on how to let the model give you that static/glamours/sexy/attractive etc.. look
Old 09-08-2013   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 639195
Editing OK?: Ask first

samerr.....as u already know, LIPs are the only ones who can help rendering a sexy look and treating them in a slight different way in conjunction with eyes, u can get the desired effect.
Good shoot. Don't u think the face expressionless?
U can see Marylin Monroe's few pix....lol.
shroti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #6
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 19116378
Editing OK?: No

Well we have discussed this topic before. Expression begins in the models head. What is in her mind will be on her face. As a photographer it is our job to transport our subject away from thoughts of the shoot and to thoughts that tell the story we want the expression to give. Simple one or two word thoughts can e coal a momentary emotion. There are also tricks to shape the face exhaling creates a sense of desire and excitement, parted lips are beckoning, downcast eyes provide a feeling of security and contentment, biting a lip screams sexual frustration, a simple and honest smile and a laugh will always be the most beautiful and sexy expressions a woman can show.

As simple as this all sounds it all starts with you and the way you communicate. If you can effectively draw the subject out of her head and into a fantasy you will be amazed at the difference, but let four frames go by with no direction or feedback from you and you will loose her back into her mind wondering how she is doing, if you are happy with her performance, worried about how awkward the pose feels etc. in the end you can't get that amazing interaction from everyone of them but with practice you will draw it from most of them.
Old 09-09-2013   #7
Llama

CamelKarma: 639195
Editing OK?: Ask first

'''' There are also tricks to shape the face exhaling creates a sense of desire and excitement, parted lips are beckoning, downcast eyes provide a feeling of security and contentment, biting a lip screams sexual frustration, a simple and honest smile and a laugh will always be the most beautiful and sexy expressions a woman can show.''''

Thnx Bobby.
shroti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #8
Dromedary

Thank you Bobby, yes you explained before and with this elaboration I really get it more and I will work on improving this weakness. Those are great tips and I will use them for sure in the next shoot. I always appreciate your directing and comments. As a conclusion, the key is knowing what I want first and express it to the model properly.Thank you again.

@shorti: Thanks for commenting also
Old 09-12-2013   #9
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 19116378
Editing OK?: No

in the end it always comes down to the ancient art of communication
Old 03-01-2014   #10
Dromedary

That is so right..

Apologies Bobby, I just noticed that I didn't reply..

Thank you

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: