Accidental Kristine - Part 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 12004952
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Accidental Kristine - Part 2

Since the first set of my "accidental" shoot did so well I'm gonna push my luck and pst one more of Kristine. Click the first mage for her full, now complete Gallery.

BYW, I did listen to the last set of comments and went back and lightened up the entire fashion shoot.

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

8. How about the ULTIMATE tight crop

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
24-105 f4L IS; 50mm f1.4; 70-200 f4L IS; 85mm f1.4; 55-250 IS;
Tamron 28-75 f2.8 IS ; Sekonic L-358;
http://bilsen.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Bilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 172300
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Accidental Kristine - Part 2

Again, nicely done. Good thing you are not shooting film; could get expensive!!!
yellowtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 36541

Loved the green eyes in the first post of Kristine and love these even more. Great job with a new model.
ckirkland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #4
F1 Camel

Thanks Tiger. I think if I was shooting film I'd have spent $10,000 before I got my first decent image. That's why God invented the LCD.

Gracias CKirk. She was terrific whether for a 1st timer or experienced model.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Old 09-07-2013   #5
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1028462

My comments, so please take them as advise to be a better photographer as someone gave me advise to help me become a better photographer.

First Kristine is a beautiful young lady. Good height and body.

I briefly looked on her gallery and I do see some decent photos, but the problem is you have posted too many photos including photos that not flattering to a model. There is no reason to post these. After a few mins, I stop looking through as you have too many similar photos.

When I was starting out I used to post lots photos from every shoot till a experienced fashion pro told me post a max of 4 photos of each look and the best from that set.

It seems to me you are having problems picking the best and most flattering to the model. Maybe you need to take a break from shooting and take a look on some fashion/glam magazine and carefully look how the photos are taken, the model pose and angle taken from as a photographer and come back with a bang.

As Kristine is not a model and she liked a shoot it's your job as a photographer to give her guidance on her pose and if it's not a flattering pose then don't take or post the photos.

Most times I go to chapters when I have free time and always look through fashion magazine as I always want to learn to be better. If you don't have time there are lots of web sites that you can look and learn from other people photos.

Kristine has a beautiful smile and you should encourage her give you small smiles rather than try to smile and not open her lips like in photo three. If the models are not smiling tell the model relax their lips and don't close their mouth tight but have their lips relaxed or slightly open.

Your last photo of Kristine is not flattering at all and I'm sure she would not like this photo her eye looks blood shot. At least if you are going to post it process her eyes.

If you are going to shoot where the background is busy use a prime lens and shoot towards wide open so it blurs out the back ground.

You have the chance to be a much better photographer with the models you know. Take that opportunity to be.

One of the advise given to me was learn how to crop a photo tighter so that it looks even better.

Here is a example from your first photo, I found Kristine knee pointing towards the camera distracting and not flattering to her. After this simple edit I really like this photo.
Old 09-07-2013   #6
F1 Camel

Thanks YaaMon. Especially for the comprehensive comments.

You're correct in that I often have trouble pruning a shoot. Bobby Deal has been on me about that too so you're in good company.

As for the backgrounds, I was on a ship with one camera and one lens so the 24-105 was it.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
www.pbase.com/bilsen

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: