A girl and a bike.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 462925
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default A girl and a bike.

Hey all,
A little shoot from last week
I didn't get everything I wanted as the model was late and the weather was cold. Once the weather gets a bit better we will shoot again, hopefully in an underground car park. I have access to another chopper but green in color so hopefully that works out,

In the mean time these are what we ended up with.

I wanted this pose to be better but the bike wasn't easy to lay on.

The smoke wasn't ideal in this one

We had another bike as well

Thanks for looking
Bud

Old 06-16-2013   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 172300
Default Re: A girl and a bike.

Great looking shoot. The only thing I would do is increase the exposure a bit on 6-10. The bikes look a little dark!!!
yellowtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3332465

Bike? What bike?

Beautiful shots.
Old 06-17-2013   #4
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtiger View Post
Great looking shoot. The only thing I would do is increase the exposure a bit on 6-10. The bikes look a little dark!!!
Hey mate,
Thanks for taking a look. Converting for web hasn't helped the images either, but they could use with a bump in exposure.

regards
Bud
bnbourizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #5
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampler View Post
Bike? What bike?

Beautiful shots.
Hey Steve,
thanks for taking a look mate, Laura is hard to not notice.
Regards
Bud
Old 06-18-2013   #6
Llama

CamelKarma: 28906
Editing OK?: No

These looks really good! Wish the Model would do your pictures some justice! Shes nicely figured but terrible expressions.
Monchichi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #7
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchichi8 View Post
These looks really good! Wish the Model would do your pictures some justice! Shes nicely figured but terrible expressions.
Couldn't agree more mate.
Her figure was perfect for this shoot but she just couldn't offer anymore, I guess it was separates the really good models from the so and so.

She's just signed on with an agency so hopefully she can develop some more.

Thanks for looking
Bud
Old 06-18-2013   #8
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 279551

That model is your responsibility - don't blame her, your job is to motivate her and get her into your concept of the shot you want. It's a team effort and everyone involved must understand and support your vision. Her ability or inability to communicate and evoke your concept to the viewer through connecting with the camera is what separates the pro's from wannabe's.

However, ultimately it's your shoot, your responsibility and success or failure. She can't see what she is doing and if she could but you're not communicating what's the point.

During casting, talk about these things and test a little so that she understands and ask her to spend some time in front of a mirror to build confidence before the shoot.

Just my two cents.
Garball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #9
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garball View Post
That model is your responsibility - don't blame her, your job is to motivate her and get her into your concept of the shot you want. It's a team effort and everyone involved must understand and support your vision. Her ability or inability to communicate and evoke your concept to the viewer through connecting with the camera is what separates the pro's from wannabe's.

However, ultimately it's your shoot, your responsibility and success or failure. She can't see what she is doing and if she could but you're not communicating what's the point.

During casting, talk about these things and test a little so that she understands and ask her to spend some time in front of a mirror to build confidence before the shoot.

Just my two cents.
Hey mate,
Thanks for taking a look.
I'm certainly not blaming the model although it might have come off that way.
We spoke about what the shoot was about and throughout I was constantly showing her the images and asking for certain poses. I think she did great, but facial expression was lacking. Maybe that's a weakness on my behalf as well.

I like the idea of having a mirror and practicing what I wanted with her.

Regards
Bud
Old 06-19-2013   #10
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 279551

You had some excellent moments during this shoot - the lighting at times was great.

Expressions: the trick is not to stop until you get the electricity - the magic - the energy. By gently and consistently encouraging the expressions she will begin to understand that you're serious and that she must "work" to give you what you want. Young models either get the body going and the face goes dead or vise versa - pros no how to work the whole package.
If you haven't experienced it before you're in for a treat, because when you get that magic image - you'll know it instantly - I usually let out an involuntary howl. It's really fun! Then I praise the model to death. My excitement is contagious and things really get cooking from there.

I'm curious, why did you shoot a black bike with a girl in a black dress against a black background? I wonder if you might need some Separation?

----------
www.thenewphotofx.com
Garball is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: