more for critique - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012   #11
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1206139
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: more for critique

Direct frontal sun is seldom a desirable main light.

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 5579
Editing OK?: Ask first

thanks all that gave positive feedback also thanks bobby for stepping in and addressing the issue. I've only been shooting for a few months the sun was something I knew was going to cause probs due to the time of day. there are many more shots and angles I just thought these were "different I'm still learning to edit in lightroom. I am also still learning about lighting and shadows I prolly should have used a fill flash and a 50mm instead of a 35mm. Should I post the raw files post crop, post process?
Old 02-22-2012   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1774014
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post
thanks all that gave positive feedback also thanks bobby for stepping in and addressing the issue. I've only been shooting for a few months the sun was something I knew was going to cause probs due to the time of day. there are many more shots and angles I just thought these were "different I'm still learning to edit in lightroom. I am also still learning about lighting and shadows I prolly should have used a fill flash and a 50mm instead of a 35mm. Should I post the raw files post crop, post process?
I agree with Bobbys comments 100%.

I think a longer lens here would certainly have helped.

I like #2 but can't help the feeling that the wider angle lens is doing a dis-service to the model. I also think a different crop where the model is centred and the edge of the wall in the distance is on the 2/3rds would be worth trying. She's pointing out of the frame and is right on the edge.

#1, 3 and 4 have harsh noon day light. Morning or late afternoon sun will make a big difference.

#4 is almost there for me but the focal length and pose undo what could have worked. Looking along straight legs with a short lens seems to fatten them while making the head much smaller and seem further away.

Since you've only been shooting a few months, you've done well. If you listen and evaluate the critique everyone provides, you'll come on leaps and bounds in no time...

Onslow
Onslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012   #14
Llama

CamelKarma: 1123821

What Bobby said!
I think most things have been addressed about lighting and poses, however I really like #2 and #3.
Try cropping two as mentioned with more room on the left and crop to the small horizontal lines on the right removing the large lines.
I like #3 I wish I had places like that to use as a backdrop.
Keep up the good work.

S_Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012   #15
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 12004952

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post

You've gotten all the comments I might have made (including Bobby's defense against rudeness) so I'll just say I'm only a little bit ahead of you in learning and I've got 10,000 horrible frames to prove it.

Stay with it and keep learning from the people on here.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
24-105 f4L IS; 50mm f1.4; 70-200 f4L IS; 85mm f1.4; 55-250 IS;
Tamron 28-75 f2.8 IS ; Sekonic L-358;
http://bilsen.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Bilsen is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: