Lizelle - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012   #21
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371645
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Lizelle

Very beautiful in colors, composition, poses, and the clarity of these just pops. I love the first 3. However, I am going to jump in and say the lighting in the rest of them is very confusing to me, visually, and leaves me with the impression of 'blotchiness.' It's like the kicker (is that the right term?) is competing with the main. Am I totally off, and alone, in thinking this?
Old 02-02-2012   #22
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 280

I envy you your Model, and Technical know how.
Great work.
dustusflavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #23
TLV
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2904816
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Lily View Post
Very beautiful in colors, composition, poses, and the clarity of these just pops. I love the first 3. However, I am going to jump in and say the lighting in the rest of them is very confusing to me, visually, and leaves me with the impression of 'blotchiness.' It's like the kicker (is that the right term?) is competing with the main. Am I totally off, and alone, in thinking this?
Except for No3 the lighting is the same for all the photographs. What differs is the processing technique. To create more depth and the "pop" one talks of I have to set the lighting up in a certain way and then process in one of two ways but each of them enhances the contrast between pixels. This in turn can create Blotchiness in the skin tones - especially in B&W - therefore it necessary to return to smooth out the blotchiness again. A never ending but necessary circle.

The lights have a one stop difference and the strip light is feathered to soften the effect. You can see from the nose and other shadows that there is no competion but on the arms and legs it creates a very nice graduation which can be dodged and burned to again create depth....

I hope that this explains more about the photos and technique.

Derek
TLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #24
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371645

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLV View Post
Except for No3 the lighting is the same for all the photographs. What differs is the processing technique. To create more depth and the "pop" one talks of I have to set the lighting up in a certain way and then process in one of two ways but each of them enhances the contrast between pixels. This in turn can create Blotchiness in the skin tones - especially in B&W - therefore it necessary to return to smooth out the blotchiness again. A never ending but necessary circle.

The lights have a one stop difference and the strip light is feathered to soften the effect. You can see from the nose and other shadows that there is no competion but on the arms and legs it creates a very nice graduation which can be dodged and burned to again create depth....

I hope that this explains more about the photos and technique.

Derek
It does explain more. I'll study your pictures further and try to apply what I read here. I wonder, though, as the model moves, does it change slightly the effect of the light or the pattern? It just seems different in the last one when compared to the first 3.

Thanks for the response!
Old 02-02-2012   #25
TLV
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Lily View Post
It does explain more. I'll study your pictures further and try to apply what I read here. I wonder, though, as the model moves, does it change slightly the effect of the light or the pattern? It just seems different in the last one when compared to the first 3.

Thanks for the response!
Yep... I produced that just cos of her look..... the girls wanted it. She actually moved backwards out of the "perfect" light scenario....so the lighting altered radically...
TLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #26
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 24

Really great work...
Ken P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012   #27
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 1267

We sure should be kicking and screaming to see more of this lady!
syldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012   #28
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 12004952

VERY nice work and I love everything about # 4.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
24-105 f4L IS; 50mm f1.4; 70-200 f4L IS; 85mm f1.4; 55-250 IS;
Tamron 28-75 f2.8 IS ; Sekonic L-358;
http://bilsen.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Bilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #29
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 1267

There's something about this shot... my favourite #6.
syldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012   #30
TLV
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt_ny View Post
VERY nice work and I love everything about # 4.

Thank you...

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: