Laura 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 7224
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Laura 3

Laura ask me to post this pictures and what are the comments about this picture .She ask me also to make a screenprint from the reactions .

Old 07-11-2011   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 255386
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Laura 3

Rarely are you going get critiques on the model. Most critiques are aimed at helping the photographer become a better photographer.

That being said, by the catch light in her eyes I can see you used a fill flash but without enough output to overcome or equal the ambient light behind her and the light falling on her nose and body. However, there was enough output to produce a shadow around her right knee. I would Photoshop out that yellow spot in the background.

On the model - I would recommend she shift her pose to her left so her right foot wouldn't look amputated or have her turn her foot outward. I would also have her bring her right hand or at least a few fingers and place them on her wrist to show us she has a right hand. I would lose the watch. Her soft and sensual expression is spot on. She emotes innocence - but not too much.

Knowing is not understanding. Me.
Rick D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 416203
Editing OK?: Yes

I like it, I like the blown out OOF BG.
I like her look.
I like her eyes.
Old 07-11-2011   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 428
Editing OK?: Ask First

Shes hot
Rick D is super right
carlit0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #5
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2299
Editing OK?: Ask first

Since you asked, I will comment.

I agree with all of the comments Rick has made. In addition, I would say the dress doesn't seem to fit her well through the bustline and the way dress drapes across the front makes it billow out and creates a depth that makes her look thick through her middle region. Typically an "A Line" dress makes a woman look top heavy and then is really boxy through the rest of the dress since it hangs straight down from the bustline. I have found there are very few women who can carry this type of dress and look great in it.

Having said that, I must also add the model looks awesome and I love her little sneer.

Go to my website www.ProRodeoPix.com to learn more about my 2012 Rodeo/Equine Clinic.
I always shoot on Double Automatic for the best results!!! Try it as it could save your shot!
You may not like what I have to say but I promise to always be truthful and honest in my critiques.

Suggestions and Comments are always welcomed.

Olympus C2000 Z
Rodeoshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 226504
Editing OK?: Ask first

well I think this is a lovely shot.Taken in very challenging light conditions

Well done all involved

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: