Lisa :)
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 2059
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Lisa :)

full shot from lisa

here is the lighting setup for this one..my friend holding the light because it was soooo windy

Old 03-22-2010   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Lisa :)

A bunch of winning shots here. Gorgeous model.
Old 03-22-2010   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1028462

WoW, she is very very nice.

Beautiful eyes.
Old 03-22-2010   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 142968
Editing OK?: Ask first

I really like #13 the best. However, my general impresssion of these photos is that they became more about your processing techniques than the model. If that's what you were after, then you certainly succeeded. I also don't care for all of the intentional tilting of the camera. To me, tilting the camera is not going to flatter your model in any way. All it does, in my opinion, is give the viewer an uneasy feeling.

Having said all that, I have to say you're way ahead of me in terms of equipment and general technique. You have access to some great backgrounds too. Even though these are very professional looking images, there are several elements of your style that just leave me cold. My opinion only.
mjp321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 2086

Interested in hearing your processing for #2

OK to edit my photos - Just give me credit
maxharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #6
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 9391

I thought all of these were great, but my favorite was #15. That one seems to exude personality. I like that it was a closeup, very sharp, and warm colors. Thanks for sharing.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost
comincio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #7
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1206139

Nicely processed and the model has lovely eyes. I'd liked some of these better had the wrists been bent back, rather than rolled forward.

Steve

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #8
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp321 View Post
I really like #13 the best. However, my general impresssion of these photos is that they became more about your processing techniques than the model. If that's what you were after, then you certainly succeeded. I also don't care for all of the intentional tilting of the camera. To me, tilting the camera is not going to flatter your model in any way. All it does, in my opinion, is give the viewer an uneasy feeling.

Having said all that, I have to say you're way ahead of me in terms of equipment and general technique. You have access to some great backgrounds too. Even though these are very professional looking images, there are several elements of your style that just leave me cold. My opinion only.
Hey ..totally understand..this was a free shoot for her...and it truly was about trying new PP. Even i don't like how some of them came out, but you cant learn without trying lol. Thanks for the comments though.
SGS Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #9
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxharvard View Post
Interested in hearing your processing for #2

about an hour of PP lol. I messed with a lot of lighting effects (its under Filter-Render-Lighting Effects). Also just tons of trial and error. Sorry if i couldn't give you tons of info but i couldnt recreate that if i wanted to lol.
SGS Photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #10
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 19166

I like a lot of the images. Poses and composition are a plus. However a few of the images, her skin tone changes too often. I don't know if you bumped up the hue/saturation or what. Some color is fine, others too much, but especially #1, she looks tywo tone to me. Very pastey.

Weapon of choice: Sony Alpha 200
Lense:
Sony 18-70mm
Sony 50mm
Sigma 55-200mm

www.myspace.com/tilltheybleed
www.facebook.com/ernie.bustamante
Inked Photography is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Fashion »

Share this topic: