So I bought a Bamboo Pen and Touch Pad... - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010   #11
MrB
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 59253
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: So I bought a Bamboo Pen and Touch Pad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix.reichardt View Post
I have an older Wacom tablet CTE-640 and can't imagine editing without it. First day I could not work with it at all and wanted to throw it away. The second day suddenly it worked. Maybe you will have a similar experience. Hang in there its worth it. Some things you can't really do with a mouse.
Felix, I have a Bamboo also. For what kinds of Photoshop stuff do you find it most useful?
Old 01-10-2010   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1345
Editing OK?: Ask first

I have had one for a year now, After I bought mine I used it for everything even surfing the web so I could get used to it.
MarcusMcCoy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 228901
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Felix, I have a Bamboo also. For what kinds of Photoshop stuff do you find it most useful?
When I use photoshop I use the pen for basically everything. But most useful I think for precise masking. I could not do that with the mouse. I find the movement with the pen is more natural and closer to painting.
Old 01-11-2010   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 664
Editing OK?: Ask first

Just got one for X-Mas and I too am having a hard time of it. I can either use my fingers or the pen, plus on the Bamboo, I have to move the pen farther then what my mouse use to move.
rovowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #15
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 228901
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovowen View Post
... I have to move the pen farther then what my mouse use to move.
That's actually a good thing. Try it for some more days and suddenly it will work. Believe me.
Old 01-12-2010   #16
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 878733

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix.reichardt View Post
When I use photoshop I use the pen for basically everything. But most useful I think for precise masking. I could not do that with the mouse. I find the movement with the pen is more natural and closer to painting.
+1

"Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly." Micah

Canon

Ancora Imparo
loeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 208
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmH View Post
The Intuos 4 medium is just right....
I think a lot of people make the mistake of buying the biggest pad they can afford... if you are used to using a 16 X 20 paper sketchpad with a pencil, this may be fine. I personally found that I was much more comfortable with a much smaller, 6 X 8 pad.

Also, don't think you have to use one or the other... i constantly go back and forth between pad and mouse.

As someone wrote earlier, I don't use it for everything, but I'd hate to be without it.
Old 01-20-2010   #18
Llama

CamelKarma: 197661

I have had one for a few years, and I will never go w/o again. I don't understand how you could mask without one.
nasoj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #19
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 265

I got the Intuos4 Large and the thing's bigger than my 15 inch Laptop. Surprised the heck out of me when I opened it. I don't have Photoshop yet (waiting on CS5) but using the pen computing features in both Vista and Win7 is awesome using it (though it takes a little getting used to). Will start mucking about in LR with it shortly and as soon as CS5 is released, it's on like Donkey Kong.
Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010   #20
Llama

CamelKarma: 2460
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12step View Post
I am liking it for the lasso then feathering tools, but you have to be careful. There is nothing worse then Polygonal lassoing something mid way then accidentally double tapping the pad and pre selecting it.

Just hold the shift key to add to your selection

I use the wacom tablet and pen for everything! Even surfing. (pen in hand as I type) Hardly touch my mouse.

Once you get used to it you won't go back.

Editing is just so much easier with the pen.

EOS 5D MkII with grip| EOS 7D with Grip | EF 24-105 f4L IS | EF 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 85 f1.8 | EF 100 f2.8 Macro | EF 300 f4L IS | EF 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 28-75 f2.8 | Canon 580EX | Sigma EF500 DG Super | Lightsphere II | Stofen Diffuser | Epson P-2000 |Manfroto 055 ProB Tripod w/488RC4 Head | Epson R2400 | Lexmark C544dn | Lowepro Nova 5 AW | Lowepro Mini Trekker AW | Elinchrom 400BX x2 + 500BRxi x 1 strobes | Sekonic L-358 | Various studio accessories
EOS_JD is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: