Creating frames for images
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Creating frames for images

How are you creating/designing framing for your images? Are you using a particular software? Is there a special plugin for PS/PSE?

If this has been addressed, please link me to that thread.

Thanks,

Richard

Old 10-22-2009   #2
KmH

CamelKarma:
Default Re: Creating frames for images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duncan View Post
If this has been addressed, please link me to that thread.

Thanks,

Richard
Why not just use the forum search feature yourself ?

I use Photoshop CS4 myself.
Old 10-22-2009   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19

I did, but only found info on actual frames.

Thanks, however, for the suggestion.
Richard Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #4
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 105604

I go to a framing shop and get real frames and mattes. I have not found software that can duplicate the elegance and beauty of real frames and mattes. Michaels and Hobby Lobby are good sources for discount supplies, and they also offer framing. I've also ordered from Dick Blick Art Supplies. There are many tutorials online how to do matting and framing yourself, but I either buy precut mattes or have mine cut by the framing store. I've come to a point in my life where I realize that I don't have to master everything, and it's best to leave some tasks to those better trained than me.

If you're intent on doing something digitally, I suggest picking up the David Cross'

I also use Lumapix Fotofusion for album design. You can set up templates (or use others other people have created) and/or composite images into intricate designs fairly easily. Some people are using this software to do digital framing, as well.
Old 10-22-2009   #5
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 105604

You may also want to look at the frames and mattes section at Action Central.

Arved Grass Photography Blog
Arved is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: