New Mac - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009   #21
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 25
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: New Mac

I have been using a 24 inch iMac now for almost 18 months I guess and it's given me no real problems at all. I find the monitor has been perfectly adequate for retouching and the space on a 24 inch monitor is useful. The strange thing though is that you soon adapt to that extra space and very quickly it seems normal or even a minimum. The other day I was at the studio of a friend who has a few of those amazing NEC 30 inch monitors and it all looked perfectly reasonable. I really wouldn't want anything smaller than I have now.
Old 08-22-2009   #22
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 25
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: New Mac

I forgot to add that my only slight reason for complaint is actually related to the OS. In my view Leopard has never been quite as solid as Tiger was and while I like some of the new features it has definitely had more bugs etc. I am looking forward to Snow Leopard next month which should put a lot of this right and it will luckily only be a cheap upgrade.

ashleykaryl is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: