1GB high speed CF card question - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 105
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 1GB high speed CF card question

If you can make a shot cos your card gave you an extra 20 milliseconds in which to do it, then you should be either making enough to retire or featuring on Penn and Teller as the Man with Cat Like Reflexes!!!
Buy the best quality you can get irrespective of speed is my opinion.
Canon 5D, Canon 5DSr, Canon 16-35 mm f/4 L USM EF, Canon 24-105 f/4.0 L USM IS EF, Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD, Canon 70-200 f2.8 L MK II USM IS EF, Canon 100mm f2.8 USM EF macro, Canon 2x Mk III converter, Canon 580 EX II flash, Yonghuo 568EX II flash, Sigma EM-140 DG EO-ETTL Macro Flash, Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 tripod with MHXPRO-BHQ2 ballhead. Manfrotto 790B Monopod.
boristhemoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 37
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhotography
Be carefull using to large of a capacity card. The tendency is to shoot until it's full and you run the risk if the card fails of loosing all your pics. I find it best to either have several 512K or 1 gig handy.
If you shoot RAW the larger cards are more sensible - if you shoot jpeg 1gig is probably big enough - say 300 plus shots
Old 08-27-2005   #13
Llama

CamelKarma: 23
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhemoggy
If you can make a shot cos your card gave you an extra 20 milliseconds in which to do it, then you should be either making enough to retire or featuring on Penn and Teller as the Man with Cat Like Reflexes!!!
Buy the best quality you can get irrespective of speed is my opinion.
If it was only 20ms I'd completely agree with you. But the CF speeds on my 20D can range from 1.2MBs to 6MBs. Clearing out a full 20D buffer would be between 13 to 65 seconds depending on which card you used. El cheapo cards tend to be slower. For me it probably wouldn't matter. I never fill my buffer but some shooters would.
Regards,

Tzuknami, thanks for posting that link. I had seen it a while back but lost track of it.

Canon 5D
metalstorm is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: