Windows 7 vs. OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: head-to-head
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009   #1
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 235
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Windows 7 vs. OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: head-to-head

Nice write-up on the 2 contenders: Gizmodo - OS X Snow Leopard vs. Windows 7: The Final Countdown - Mac OS X

Old 06-22-2009   #2
Former Camel

Default Re: Windows 7 vs. OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: head-to-head

And here's the dude's opinion:
Stercus Vultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #3
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 4363
Editing OK?: No

For me, windows media center comparison with Vista and Windows 7, Windows7's version is a lot better, it has a better feel all over in general compared to Vista, though as you said that Vista being stable at the moment, I agree...though to upgrading, it all depends, maybe I will dual boot it with Vista if I do get it
Canonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #4
Former Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400duser View Post
as you said that Vista being stable at the moment
No, the dude said that. I didn't! If true (...), it's a bloody chutzpah that Microsoft has been selling an operating system for two and a half years that wasn't 'stable'...! And its customers are crazy to accept that fraud.
Stercus Vultus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #5
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 4363
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercus Vultus View Post
No, the dude said that. I didn't! If true (...), it's a bloody chutzpah that Microsoft has been selling an operating system for two and a half years that wasn't 'stable'...! And its customers are crazy to accept that fraud.

I being one of those customers

I feel that Micro$oft is selling us cheap by not supporting us short after 2011, and yet for some reasons they are still supporting XP beyond that cut off date
Canonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009   #6
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 303

If I could avoid using WIndows I would, the most horrible operating system ever, from the first to the most recent version.

However, as I gamer I have no real choice.
Old 07-07-2009   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 71
Editing OK?: Ask first

I just installed an easy breezy Linux Mint 7.... but it wasn't in the comparison! haha
Perhaps because linux dosn't have one particular distro that is touted as the 'best'? It's funny... is the current mac os based on BSD?

Eastley, have you ever checked out
?

I know this article is about the new win vs osx but its not very realistic; comparing browsers? how many people use safari and ie?
and he does it again when comparing the bundled software for media playback; who dosn't install 3rd party apps to handle at least some of their media? its like comparing Macs iPhoto vs Vistas photo gallery... who cares?!
video card utilization comparison? pretty silly considering the role hardware manufacturers drivers play.
os footprint? havn't we been way beyond that for a long time? whose going to be installing either of these on an 80 gig hdd?

I didnt read every part of the article but it just sounds like a superficial hype article based upon not much. has the writer even been testing the release candidates? I may have missed it but did he write the article based upon first hand experience or just the headlines and hearsay?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: