PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Computers and Software (https://photocamel.com/forum/computers-software/)
-   -   MS outlook express (https://photocamel.com/forum/computers-software/80675-ms-outlook-express.html)

Luckyjon 06-01-2009 11:58 AM

MS outlook express

All of a suden I have lost my spell check, when I go to options/tools there is now only French available with no other alternative, has anyone any idea how I can recover my english spell check.

Thanks for any help

LA 06-01-2009 12:28 PM

Re: MS outlook express

Boy am I glad to see this! I thought I was the only one to have this problem. I talked to my internet provider and they acted like I was an idiot. Said I would have to talk to MicroSoft. Haven`t done that yet either. So I hope you get an answer. Or we`ll have to learn French. Larry

azrussell132 06-01-2009 12:58 PM

Google 'lost my spell check in outlook express". Tons of info comes up. Good luck.

Luckyjon 06-01-2009 01:57 PM

Hi LA so I'm pleased that I'm not alone with this problem, thanks azrussell for your advice. I now realize that the spell check is not in Outlook express but comes with MS office package, that explains to me my problem, I recently removed my office (I was getting messages that I had an illegal copy) and purchased and downloaded office home and student 2007.
It seems many others share my problem.
The links I found all look too difficult for me to follow. maybe it would be quicker to learn french LOL

felix.reichardt 06-03-2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyjon (Post 752541)
I recently removed my office (I was getting messages that I had an illegal copy) and purchased and downloaded office home and student 2007.

LOL ... so all users of pirated MS Office loose their spell check ... I love that ... LOL

Stercus Vultus 06-03-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix.reichardt (Post 753727)
LOL ... so all users of pirated MS Office loose their spell check ... I love that ... LOL

No, I didn't!

ROFLMAO!

To be precise: Office 2008 for Mac works like it's supposed to and like it's always done. Including spell check!

felix.reichardt 06-04-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stercus Vultus (Post 753996)
No, I didn't!

ROFLMAO!

To be precise: Office 2008 for Mac works like it's supposed to and like it's always done. Including spell check!

Just wait until Excel scrambles your numbers ;D;D;D.

Stercus Vultus 06-04-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felix.reichardt (Post 754493)
Just wait until Excel scrambles your numbers ;D;D;D.

I'm not waiting. I'm not a gambler. So I don't use Microsoft software when I can avoid it: for spreadsheets e.g. I use "Numbers".
Apple - iWork - Numbers - Spreadsheets never looked so good.
;D;D;D

zlatan24 06-30-2009 03:30 PM

One of way in this situation,this is-viewer outlook,to my mind this way is good,because tool helped me and some my friends too,it is free as far as I remember,moreover program can help, when your mailbox is not accessible, it can happen, when something is wrong with your corporate mail server,is able ensure full compatibility with this platform, it represents one of the most popular programs for mail processing,restore all messages, contacts, tasks and calendars cannot be stored on client PC due to security reasons,pst viewer Microsoft and Outlook email viewer features a powerful algorithm, that decrypts *.ost format and extracts your data as a set of files in *.eml, *.txt and *.vcf formats,also convert your data to a *.pst file, that can be easily opened by any email client, you can even forward this file, recovered with Microsoft Outlook .pst viewer to any other PC within your local network.

Not4wood 08-16-2009 10:42 AM

This has been quiet for a bit, but if your Outlook Express went south for one thing or another you can try the Mozzilla version called

"Thunderbird"

go here: Thunderbird - Reclaim your inbox

I've been using it for a couple of years and its great.