How do I remove filters from Photoshop menu?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 41250
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default How do I remove filters from Photoshop menu?

I installed a Photoshop plugin filter to try it out and decided I didn't like it or want it. I unistalled the software using Control Panel > Add or Remove Software, but the filter still shows up at the bottom of the drop-down list along with the usual Photoshop filters and other filters I have added such as Digimarc and Nik Software when I click Filters on the Photoshop menu bar. How do I remove these unwanted filters from the list?

I've tried searches on the internet including the Adobe forums but I am either entering the wrong search words or no one every removes these filters.

Thanks for any help.
Allen Round
Sing141

Old 11-21-2008   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1206139
Default Re: How do I remove filters from Photoshop menu?

Using Windows Explorer or "My Computer" Drill down to

Program files/Adobe/Photoshopx.x/Plug-Ins/[plug in group name]/[filter name]

delete either the folder that contains the plug-in group, or the individual filters in the group.

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 41250
Default Re: How do I remove filters from Photoshop menu?

Sing141 to Songman45

LOL!

Thanks for your quick reply. What I didn't realize was that if I deleted the plugin the software name that appeared in the drop-down menu when I clicked Filters would also be removed. I was trying to find the software name and to remove that. Also, didn't remember that after deleting the filter plugin I needed to close Photoshop before it would no longer show up on the Filter list.

Thanks again.
Sing141

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: