iGoogle... help
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 313787
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default iGoogle... help

I made a serious mistake and installed iGoogle and I absolutely hate it. It uses a large portion of the top of my screen reducing the size of my workspace and doesn't have some things that I use all of the time such as spell checking for an Internet posting and autofill.

I would like to dump iGoogle and return to the standard Google as my search engine and my opening page. If I cannot revert back to the old Google I would like to do the following:

1. Reduce the size of the Google information bar on the top of my screen. It has a LOT of unused area and makes my workspace small.

2. Get back spell check for Internet postings.

3. get back Auto-Fill

Richard Crowe
Escondido, California
richardpcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: iGoogle... help

At the top right, you should see a link for "Classic Home". Does that give you what you're looking for?
Old 11-20-2008   #3
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

As Brian says, you should be able to click 'Classic Home'' to get away from the iGoogle front page.

Not sure why iGoogle would remove spell check or auto-fill though. They are browser specific. What browser are you using?
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Shields View Post
Not sure why iGoogle would remove spell check or auto-fill though. They are browser specific. What browser are you using?
Some of the add-on Toolbars have them for older browsers. That might be part of the issue here.
Old 11-22-2008   #5
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 151
Editing OK?: Ask First

Richard it would help to know which browser you are using. I use FireFox which allows me to right click in the tool bar area then select which tool bars are displayed. This feature is very convenient.

Wayne

As always I reserve the right to be wromg, Just don't tell anyone.

Gear list; More toys than I need, and fewer than I want.
WayneM is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: