Paint Shop Pro X2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 21
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Paint Shop Pro X2

What is your thoughts on this latest offering? I have used PSP since v7 and recently purchased PSP X2 in a bundle with the uLead Video Studio and DVD Copy 6 for $159 CDN.

Just looking for other opinions on this product and possible comparisons to PS etc.

tygersclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1109
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Paint Shop Pro X2

I've never used PhotoShop, so I cannot offer any comparison. I've also used the PSP program for many years like you.

This current version X2 does a good job with just about everything I've tried in photo editing. There are a few bugs with it, as several times the program has crashed on me during an edit sequence. My guess is that PhotoShop is surely more stable and has more features. However considering the price difference, it is still a good product. I simply could not afford the price tag of PhotoShop.

Also, most of the PhotoShop plugins also work with PSP.

Caught in the camera eye"

[40d] [Canon 50mm 1.4] [Canon 28-135mm] [Canon 17-40mm L] [Canon 70-200mm L 2.8] [Sigma 10-20mm] [Canon 430EX] [3 Nikon SB-80dx] [Nikon SB-50] [Sunpak MS4000 monolight]
jbrooksga is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: