How powerful is your computer? Test it now! - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008   #21
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6150
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: How powerful is your computer? Test it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
Oops. I put PS3 when I meant CS3.
Some geek, huh?

Hey, that may be a sign, maybe you should give Sony your resume! Then I'll be hittin' you up on that! LOL. BTW, WTH heck cooler do you have? I use the Coolmaster Water Cooler...LOL only time ever did I have a CPU cooler than my Motherboard! LOL

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

I'm post happy, but Karma starved...please donate some
00silvergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #22
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 332771
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00silvergt View Post
Ok, man, I hate to see a grown man cry, especially when he baked and put the frosting on the opposing chip...Just for the record, I did warn you.
All I see is talk talk talk. Where are the stats? Or did you fail and are afraid to share the numbers?

Lemme guess, you are going to use some lame excuse like you have to get home to do it first?

The Adventures of the Photo Camel

My Smugmug page

A photograph is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it just isn't that good.
Killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008   #23
F1 Camel

Quote:
All I see is talk talk talk. Where are the stats? Or did you fail and are afraid to share the numbers?

Lemme guess, you are going to use some lame excuse like you have to get home to do it first?
Well? The computer IS at home...dude...you sure? I know, how you put your soul into every Pentium-class X86 wafer and all...I'd hate for you to get all emotional and cancel our boating trip...

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

Old 05-15-2008   #24
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Well? The computer IS at home...dude...you sure? I know, how you put your soul into every Pentium-class X86 wafer and all...I'd hate for you to get all emotional and cancel our boating trip...

I'll just have to get a bigger anchor if your computer is faster.

My Smugmug page

A photograph is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it just isn't that good.
Old 05-15-2008   #25
Photocamel Master

Quote:
I'll just have to get a bigger anchor if your computer is faster.
By the way, that was to hold his COMPUTER at the bottom of the lake for those of you who don't know me.

My Smugmug page

Old 05-19-2008   #26
Llama

CamelKarma: 29381
Editing OK?: No

the chip was at 84 deg. F and the Motherboard was at 96.5 degrees.
wow seems hot are you using asus temp program
jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #27
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
Huh? considering the ambient temperature on our side of the globe has been at least that much, I'd say it is running cool. Especially if it is below ambient. My CPU is usually at 39 deg C and mobo is at 40 deg C, that's using a water cooler for the CPU.

Old 05-19-2008   #28
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
Yup. Ran the computer for a few hours, rebooted, went into the bios, and read the temps right off the Asus bios page.

And that's not really running hot. I've seen some of those AMD chips actually catch on fire if the cooling fan is turned off.

My Smugmug page

Old 05-19-2008   #29
F1 Camel

Quote:
Yup. Ran the computer for a few hours, rebooted, went into the bios, and read the temps right off the Asus bios page.

And that's not really running hot. I've seen some of those AMD chips actually catch on fire if the cooling fan is turned off.
LOL, only if there is something flammable near by...LOL I've ran an Athlon X2 with a dead fan (unknowingly, of course ) for an hour, aside from the weird crashing, I didn't really see some pryotechnics. LOL But remember the Pentium III's? LOL now those babies will get super hot, especially when clocked over 1.0GHz in the Slot 1 package, hence Intel pulling them off the market and "revisting" the PPGA socket idea. LOL

Old 05-19-2008   #30
Photocamel Master

Quote:
LOL, only if there is something flammable near by...LOL I've ran an Athlon X2 with a dead fan (unknowingly, of course ) for an hour, aside from the weird crashing, I didn't really see some pryotechnics. LOL But remember the Pentium III's? LOL now those babies will get super hot, especially when clocked over 1.0GHz in the Slot 1 package, hence Intel pulling them off the market and "revisting" the PPGA socket idea. LOL
Hey! I have a PIII. In my "old" computer. Actually, it IS old. That's why I built the beast. But then again, mine is not the slot 1 configuration, and I never had an issue with it overheating. The only real problem I had with that old sucker is the power supply died, and I had to replace it. We did away with slot 1 before I bought mine.

Now problems with the monitor? That's a different story. I had a 17 inch Viewsonic CRT that my cat liked to sleep on. With the top vents all covered up, that got a little warm at times.

My Smugmug page

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: