Photomatix Pro 3.0 Has Been Released
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 19
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photomatix Pro 3.0 Has Been Released

The upgrade from version 2.x to version 3.0 is free of charge.

Windows Download Link

Mac Download Link

Main new features in version 3.0 - Improved workflow and User Interface "Workflow Shortcuts" panel and addition of Tone Mapping button on HDR viewer Dragging multiple image files to the Photomatix icon can automatically invoke the Generate HDR or Exposure Blending dialog. Tone Mapping preview opens in a separate window with improved size controls Presets menu allows quick access to user settings Loupe does not replace image preview anymore. Checkbox enables to control separate refresh of preview and loupe - Second automatic alignment method New alignment method is based on feature matching, and corrects for rotation in addition to translation. New alignment method uses a different algorithm and approach from the first method, allowing to choose the best algorithm depending on the image. The new alignment algorithm is slower but often more accurate. - Improved Exposure Blending New algorithm for method 'H&S - Adjust'. It produces natural looking results while preserving highlights and shadows details well. Preview and Loupe available for all Exposure Blending methods. Ability to select the images for method 'H&S - 2 images' Merge of the two 'H&S - Intensive' sub-methods into one with a Strength setting added (its default value is equivalent to the formerly Light method and its maximum to the formerly Enhanced method). RAW files are now supported for Exposure Blending - Improved handling of large HDR image files When the size of the opened HDR image file reaches a threshold, a dialog box offers the option to open the image in preview mode. Choosing this option works similarly as formerly "Large File Processing" which has therefore been removed. Size of threshold that triggers the dialog is 30 MegaPixels by default and adjustable in Preferences. - New options in Batch Processing Selection of source files can now be done by files in addition to folder. When the source image has a thumbnail embedded, selecting that image with the mouse shows the thumbnail. Option to process bracketed images having each exposure located under a separate folder

http://cafields.com
C.A.Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #2
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Photomatix Pro 3.0 Has Been Released

So has anyone upgraded? I'm interested in what improvements are there as far as image quality goes. I've used the demo and was quite impressed but thought it a bit weak in terms of tweaks.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 19
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Photomatix Pro 3.0 Has Been Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Shields View Post
So has anyone upgraded?
I've been using the beta versions and just today installed the final release version.

3.0 for me has a better interface for an easier workflow vs 2.5.

I'm not sure about comparisons for better quality as I bought 2.5 just prior to the 3.0 beta releases so I personally don't have many HDR's created by version 2.5 to compare.

I found that the 3.0 upgrade did not overwrite my version of 2.5, so now I have both versions if I should ever want to go backward.

http://cafields.com
C.A.Fields is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: