Photoshop Bridge or Photoshop Lightroom - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008   #21
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 55
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop Bridge or Photoshop Lightroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Hows does it do with RAW file developing or post processing?
You can set Photo Mechanic to work seamlessly with your fav editor. Thus it integrates with e.g. CS3/PS10 as if it were one application.
Alfred D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #22
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred D. View Post
You can set Photo Mechanic to work seamlessly with your fav editor. Thus it integrates with e.g. CS3/PS10 as if it were one application.
That's really a hand off, not processing.
Old 01-27-2011   #23
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 324
Editing OK?: No

I download my RAW files from my camera via Bridge to where I will store the images. During the download, I have Bridge convert the images to .dng files at the same time. Adds just a little more time to the download, but saves time in LR.

Then I select the first file, hit the space bar and view the downloaded images and mark the images with stars.

Then I import the images into LR3 and add keywords etc...

LR3 cannot convert to .dng while downloading. You must select and then allow LR to convert and delete the RAW files after they have been converted. This scares me to death, that it is deleting files. I will do the deleting!
aMAYzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #24
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 61045
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMAYzn View Post
I download my RAW files from my camera via Bridge to where I will store the images. During the download, I have Bridge convert the images to .dng files at the same time. Adds just a little more time to the download, but saves time in LR.

Then I select the first file, hit the space bar and view the downloaded images and mark the images with stars.

Then I import the images into LR3 and add keywords etc...

LR3 cannot convert to .dng while downloading. You must select and then allow LR to convert and delete the RAW files after they have been converted. This scares me to death, that it is deleting files. I will do the deleting!
You can certainly import via lightroom and convert to dng on import at the same time. It will only delete the original raw file on the card if you select that option. Also, you can imbead the original raw file in the .dng if you want. That is also an option. Or You could import as regular raw files and then export as .DNG files and re-import to your catalog. I really don't see the need for bridge, but whatever works for ya

Check this video tutorial I made out for more info on importing in Lightroom if your interested:
http://www.jhpvideotutorials.com/201...orting-part-1/

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #25
Alpaca

Hi Jason,

Great tip on LR3 importing...I thought I'd get both CR2 files and .dngs. Just tried it and it works great! Thanks! Life just got a little easier! I can see your point of Bridge with your workflow, however, Bridge is much more useful and powerful for me in making PDFs than LR3. I still have to use the dang thing! . When Adobe decided not to update Version Cue to the OSX 10.6 update, it is missing in CS5. I am betting that the name will change with the next Creative Suite update comes out because the name Bridge now makes no sense. In VC, Bridge acted as a bridge between all of Adobe's programs... just thinking out loud...

Cheers!

Last edited by aMAYzn; 01-27-2011 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 01-28-2011   #26
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hermann View Post
You can certainly import via lightroom and convert to dng on import at the same time. It will only delete the original raw file on the card if you select that option. Also, you can imbead the original raw file in the .dng if you want. That is also an option. Or You could import as regular raw files and then export as .DNG files and re-import to your catalog. I really don't see the need for bridge, but whatever works for ya

Check this video tutorial I made out for more info on importing in Lightroom if your interested:
Lightroom 3: Set-up and Importing - Part 1 | JHP Video Tutorials - Free Photography Tutorials
...But I did enjoy how you used Bridge in your video tutorial Photoshop CS5: HDR Photography and Panoramics. It looked pretty impressive and handy!
Old 01-28-2011   #27
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 61045
Editing OK?: Yes

Yeah, Bridge is a great program and some stuff is still just easier to do in bridge cause you don't need to import anything ect. Thanks for your comments!

Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #28
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24

For serious editing CS5 has to be the current answer. Those of you still on CS3/4 really should look at the CS5 demo. The context healing brush is worth the upgrade alone. Example: have a bird in a tree with a branch or leaf in the way? just brush it out.
For those whom work with hundreds of images, try DXO, its batching capabilities are outstanding. Its raw development is on a par or better with CS5 and it has auto HDR if you wish.
For those with simple requirements LR3.3 works if you can put up with DAM. I for one can't.

Dogs have masters
Cats have staff!
sjprg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #29
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 117

Lr 3 since you have Lr 1.4 which will not work on any newer camera that came out you should upgrade to LR3 which has made great improvements and is much faster doing Raw processing then bridge or PSH is.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: