GIMP vs Photoshop... - Page 11
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009   #101
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: GIMP vs Photoshop...

Quote:
who's got the biggest dick
No contest, I do. Now go take a picture.
Old 03-25-2009   #102
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 120364
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry View Post
Who cares what software someone else is using....the only question is "Are you happy with what you use?" I'm happy with CS4. Someone else is happy with Gimp. That's great!
This is an important fight. If we don't fight over this, then we're left to fight only over which brand of camera we use.

We can't have that.
dryadsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #103
Llama

CamelKarma: 41814
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechoption View Post
I've started playing around using GIMP to edit my pictures (does layers, cloning...), which is great as it's legally free But most people on here seem to use Photoshop or CS (not sure what this is), which appears (from my limited experience) to have basically the same features, but costs serious $$. Is GIMP a solid photoediting software or is it worh the $ to upgrade to photoshop? (or something else). Any comments welcome.
I use PSE and GIMP. GIMP can be very capable. A recent version has added more color depth (used to by 8-bit/color). The main problem with GIMP IMO is that it does not implement adjustment layers. I believe this is being worked on and there has been a recent infrastructure change to support adjustment layers in the future.

Since GIMP is free software I suggest you download it and try it. It will only cost you some time. I would also suggest downloading the FXFoundary plug-ins as they provide some very nice functionality.

fjbyrne
fjbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: