Samsung 213T won't wake up
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005   #1
lauriet

CamelKarma:
Default Samsung 213T won't wake up

I have a Samsung 213T flat panel that goes into hybernation after I don't use the PC for a while and takes forever to wake up upon pressing a key. The "on" light on the monitor blinks slowly when it's in this mode. Something is not right, I think. I usually just turn it off and then back on rather than waiting. Any ideas?

Old 08-07-2005   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 9684
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Samsung 213T won't wake up

That is a little bit strange, as it is an CRT, it should pop to life directly.

But, that is of course depending on which type of "sleep" you use.

It it is only blank screen, then it should start direct.
If it is hibernation, then it can take some time, because windows have to read all data into memory again from hdd.
If it is sleep + hdd sleep, then that can also slow it down, because, depending on your settings and windows version (if using windows), the hdd sometimes has to be ready before something happens.

Don´t know if this helps anything.
riha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Samsung 213T won't wake up

Maybe your computer goes into hibernate-mode and that's why it takes a while to wake up.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: