Outlook Express Backup how to
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Thumbs up Outlook Express Backup how to

I just got a new PC... ( was the time for it ). I need to move all my Outlook Express mail from the old pc to this new one.. Anyone can help? ( I know how to move folders, but I don't know how to copy signatures, rules, settings, and contacts )

Old 06-24-2007   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Re: Outlook Express Backup how to

Lucky for you, this question has been asked before.
Look here for an answer.
Old 06-24-2007   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Outlook Express Backup how to

Rinjasoft makes an inexpensive little utility that fits the bill. Its EZ Backup Outlook and Outlook Express programs provide a one-click way to back up all of your Outlook e-mail and settings. The program can save the data to a compressed, executable file. When or if you need to restore the data, all you have to do is double-click the executable file and follow the instructions. The original backup application itself does not even need to be installed.

Rinjasoft has equivalent backup programs for other popular e-mail programs, including Outlook Express, Eudora,
IncrediMail, and Windows Mail. The Basic versions of these applications - all you need for standard backup and restore--cost under 10 dollars.

AJ Systems offers similar functionality in its OutBack Plus and Express Assist applications. These applications go beyond just e-mail backup and restore to include browser favourites and other system settings that most folks want to take with them along with e-mail.
Old 06-28-2007   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Lightbulb Re: Outlook Express Backup how to

Thank you for your suggestions. I also found Outlook Express Backup Genie Outlook Express Backup Genie which does the job right and fast. I will try them out more and then buy one!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: