Outlook Express Backup how to
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Thumbs up Outlook Express Backup how to

I want to reinstall Windows Xp soon, as I got a virus and after cleaning the computer doesn't work as smooth as before. I gives some strange erros and sometimes it justs hangs up... I want to backup Outlook Express emails and settings before reinstall, and restore afterwards. Any help?

Old 05-23-2007   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Outlook Express Backup how to

From the Microsoft support site:

How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data
Old 05-23-2007   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Outlook Express Backup how to

Can do it one of 3 ways. You can look for the outlook express folder and copy that folder to a cd. Then when you set up your new oe after the reinstall, you can just dump this folder in. (of course this begs the question, where did you get the virus? If in an email, youre taking a chance).

2nd thing you can do is just drag the emails to a folder on your desktop (just like any file. you can seperate your emails into sub folders) then burn to a cd. Then once windows is reinstalled, just drag the emails back into OE after you recreated your folders. The date received will be messed up (date you drag them back in) but you will still have them.

3rd option is to forward all your emails to yourself and then dont download them from the server. Then once OE is back up and you retrieve your mail, they will all be there.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Thumbs up Re: Outlook Express Backup how to

Thank you all for your suggestions. I also found Outlook Express Backup Genie which does the job right and fast. I will try them out more and then buy one!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: