iMovR Lander Treadmill Desk Review?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2018   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 100643
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Question iMovR Lander Treadmill Desk Review?

Hey guys, good morning. My wife told me that I'm getting a tummy this morning and need to get into the gym or "get on a treadmill" as she put it. I was reading an older article from photo talk site on one of these stand up desks that have a tread mill under it. I could use a new desk, but what I was wondering about, is can you post process while walking successfully? I will spend hours at my desk post processing images and if you can go at a steady walk AND do finer post processing then this might be a fix for my flabby tummy.

I'm hoping to hear hear some photographers who have tried this, and does the walking motion screw with your ability to move your mouse around and do some times delicate tasks? OR do you need to stop walking on this thing in order to do the finer things with out messing up your work?

Man I hope this makes sense.

This thing j- https://www.photographytalk.com/phot...ll-desk-review

So basically is this a good investment or novelty?

Old 12-11-2018   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 100643
Default Re: iMovR Lander Treadmill Desk Review?

BTW for the record I have NOT bought this yet, so please be honest with your thoughts, I would rather hear negative opinion than fluff.

Thanks!
Tom Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

Starts at $2700? Yikes....

I'd think that for some post processing tasks you could walk on a treadmill and get it done, but I'd think even the easier things would be awkward. Other things in post processing would be very hard to do while the body is moving. Hard to paint areas, dodge and burn, even moving sliders in little increments.

I'd say you need a treadmill and walk. Listen to a book or music on headphones. Don't multi-task on exercise, unless you're walking the mall or neighborhood with your significant other beside you and your talking about all manner of things. Exercise for half a couple is hard to do and hard to stay motivated to do it.

So, treadmill = Yes
Treadmill while post processing = No

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469544
Editing OK?: Ask First

If you have a gym reasonably close, I would spring for a membership instead, at least until you determine whether you will be keeping up with your early New Year's resolution. Wait for at least three months to see if you stick with your sessions on the treadmill. Of course, if it becomes apparent that you wouldn't keep up the habit, you may then cancel sooner than that. That would be a lot cheaper than a treadmill that turns into an expensive clothes rack within six weeks or so, which is the usual scenario with purchased treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and similar workout equipment.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Somehow I do not see walking on a treadmill while working with a Wacom tablet as a viable option. Sorry, but I live with my Wacom these days. My keyboard is for typing, my Wacom and pen have virtually replaced my mouse. Bouncing and delicate accuracy don't go hand in hand.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic:

Tags
getting old, legit or not?, stand up desk