Processing Software - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2018   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Processing Software

For me it is Capture One Pro for most of my image adjustments as well as it's DAM abilities and Affinity Photo for editing/manipulation. Capture One Pro is a bit expensive but is far superior IMO to Lightroom and Affinity covers my other needs. I still have CS6 but rarely use it.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

Processing software has become the new JPG vs RAW discussion....

A lot of good ones, a lot of "feelings", a lot of love, and hate too. Some hate Adobe for the subscription, and ran in droves and still tell everyone they hate the subscription model... yet everyone in the game pretty much has a subscription model, with the buy it now model.

Some have DAM or a Library model, some don't, some don't care, and others need or want it. Some do layers, and blame LR for not doing layers, but for the LR subscription price, you get PS and it does layers seemingly better than anything... but you have to learn it, and some don't want to learn.

LR is good. On1 is good. Capture One is good. Affinity is good. Luminar is slow. DarkTable is supposed to be good, on a MAC. On Windows it is crappier. ACDSee is good. And so on.

They have demo versions. Try them all.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #13
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 703373
Editing OK?: Ask First

I use Capture as my main Raw processor and it has a steep learning curve but it is doable. Most pros find the files sharper and better color than LR. Another fine program is ACDSee however it is slow with Raw files.

C1 has added some nice things to it, layers, a great color editor etc. Give it a trail run. if you have any questions just message me.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: