urgent assist with illustator image
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2017   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default urgent assist with illustator image

I was drawing my image in Adobe Illustrator during several weeks. Today something happened with computer during editing .ai file and it was switched off. Now I have only a half of work I made 2 weeks.

Old 12-22-2017   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: urgent assist with illustator image

Which is why you should always have a real time backup set up. My guess is you will have to redo the lost weeks worth of work.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 43480375

Sad but probably true. I lost a HD (my main HD) this week so I know what you're going through.
Old 12-23-2017   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 343

Sad times, hope you can replicate it
Photonewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeleBahr View Post
I was drawing my image in Adobe Illustrator during several weeks. Today something happened with computer during editing .ai file and it was switched off. Now I have only a half of work I made 2 weeks.
This method considers acquiring Acrobat (not just the Reader) or you may solve the issue by recovery damaged adobe illustrator files

Works on (and was tested in) Illustrator version 10 and all CS versions.
>Open the corrupt file in Acrobat.
>Take the arrow tool.
>Click on any element or text in the document.
>Just move the object by hitting one of the directional arrows on your keyboard.
>File, Save.
>Open the file in Illustrator.
>It will say 'this file has been modified outside of Illustrator' or something to that effect. it will ask if you want to keep changes.
>Say 'Yes' (or OK)
Your file will open virtually intact!
This has worked when nothing else has... believe me it is painful to have to recreate a corrupt file....

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: