Macphun Luminair for PC's
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2017   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Macphun Luminair for PC's

Has anyone tried out the Beta on this software? I think a few companies products are going to be losing sales.
Right now it's only available to Mac users but they have a Beta out for the PC and should be releasing the product end of the year.

If you want to try it out go here:

https://macphun.com/

heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 3092286
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Macphun Luminair for PC's

Gave it a whirl and liked the auto enhancer for a start. PC version avaliable. Beta version free, installed it as stand alone, only issue is that it seems quite slow to process images
Photography is a blend of art and science which involves four stages. 1.Seeing - an eye for a picture, 2 Taking - aspects of camera craft 3. Making - post processing 4. Presenting - the finished article
I have studied photography seriously for over 40 years and digital imaging for 23 years and continue to do both. If ever I thought I had “arrived” or reached any sort of “standard” I would pack [it] in because what I would have reached was a plateau and would then probably be incapable of learning new things……I hope this never happens.
Leo Palmer

kennethwfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

I've been messing with it for over month, on MAC however, and there are parts of it that are great and sort of breakthroughs. Sometimes it is too slow however, not that Lightroom isn't in places, but Lightroom isn't that slow at a specific thing. Also, sometimes I just got better results thru Lightroom. But Luminar is new and coming on, and do so in a big way, so some should really check it out and try it, but probably only if you dislike Adobe or think that Lightroom doesn't quite get you where you want to be.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 226472
Editing OK?: Yes

Im on a really tight budget and I like Machinery's results so Ill be going that way.... However... if I had the xtra funds I think the aurorahdr would be the one I would pick, there is a LOT of tools there that wold be awesome to have all in one package!

Photomatix has been my current package but I think machinery does a better, more realistic job, with only ONE RAW file, and it does a much better job with one RAW file than Photomatix does.

Andrew

My albums at photocamel:
http://photocamel.com/gallery/u69945-shutterklick.html
ShutterKlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutterKlick View Post
Im on a really tight budget and I like Machinery's results so Ill be going that way.... However... if I had the xtra funds I think the aurorahdr would be the one I would pick, there is a LOT of tools there that wold be awesome to have all in one package!

Photomatix has been my current package but I think machinery does a better, more realistic job, with only ONE RAW file, and it does a much better job with one RAW file than Photomatix does.

Andrew

I think you were directed to the wrong program by the OP's link. This is the program the OP was talking about. https://macphun.com/luminar

The OP's link takes you to their new HDR program.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017   #6
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphonslair99 View Post
I think you were directed to the wrong program by the OP's link. This is the program the OP was talking about. https://macphun.com/luminar

The OP's link takes you to their new HDR program.
Yup, sorry for that. thanks for clarifying.
Old 11-26-2017   #7
F1 Camel

Well, I was gung-ho for awhile during the Beta. Now that it's been released and I purchased it I have a nightmare on my hands. I still think it's designed to do good things easier with photos but they released it too soon. First, they don't have "save as or save" feature. You have to do an export and only can save in JPEG or TIFF. Many others are having all kinds of problems. So much so that they had to start a special Facebook page for PC users.
Today they came out with an upgrade to correct a lot of problems. After downloading it I can't open up the program Try to re-load the update but their system won't recognize my email and/or key number.
If I can't solve this tomorrow I'm pushing for a refund.
Old 11-27-2017   #8
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Not too sure where their QA department was or is.... But they need a better one.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017   #9
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Not too sure where their QA department was or is.... But they need a better one.
I think they may have had economic reasons to release too early. It's a half-baked product. They should have delayed the release. I'm putting my payment on hold this morning with my credit card company.

Thought I would try something new but I think I'll stick with what has worked for me so far.
Old 06-24-2019   #10
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I agree with @heaterguy. MacPhun has made improvements on the app since last fall, but it still lacks some important features. An example of this is the Libraries / Organizer part of Luminar. You can rate your pictures, but it doesn't yet have the ability for you to enter and save keywords. That may not be a problem for all users, but for me, it's a deal breaker.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: