Dell 24" monitor - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007   #51
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 61045
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Dell 24" monitor

No reason in particular other that it having a wider angle of view and I read several reviews on the 245bw that were not very good.

I also read review somewhere that I can't find now that said it was a significant upgrade from the 245BW. The price reflects that as it is about $200 dollars more, however I can't seem to find any real technical data that explains exactly why it is better and more money.

Thanks for the response

Best,
Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #52
Camel Breath

LCD Monitor Reviews, Computer Monitor, Flat Panel Monitor Reviews - ConsumerSearch.com

This site is pretty cool as it compiles all the reviews and picks a best monitor out of all of them. The BenQ is apparently the best bang for the buck according to all the reviews they compiled.

Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Old 10-18-2007   #53
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 194
Editing OK?: Ask First

Jay,

I looked at your link. What I see are monitors reviewed to sell monitors and mainly for gaming. There is one heck of a lot of difference between a good gaming monitor and a good color editing monitor. Caveat emptor.

Tom
Tom Swaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #54
Camel Breath

The link brought you to the review of the reviews that compares the monitors we are talking about in this thread. The BenQ was determined to best the best for photo editing over the Dell and the Samsung. Good gaming was just another benefit as they have a gaming mode built in.

Best,
Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Old 10-18-2007   #55
Dromedary

Jay,

I am 95% certain that the BenQ and the DELL 2407 are identical in screen and electronics. The stand is different as DELL has BenQ modify this to hold their accessories. I suspect the unit to unit variation is greater in differences than are the two units as specified. The Samsung 245BW is very similar in specifications and the Planar is similar. I just looked at the pricing and these have all gone up about $100 over the summer.

Tom
Old 10-18-2007   #56
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002

Interesting points Tom. My understanding is that there are only a handful of LCD makers in the field, so that wouldn't surprise me. What does surprise me is the price hike - very unusual for this type of product. Makes you wonder what is the cause of it.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #57
Camel Breath

Tom, They are identical by specs, but the reviews don't agree. Supposedly the quality of the Benq is better than the Samsung, and the Samsung is better than than the Dell. Multiple reviews agree on that, so there must be something that sets them apart that we are unaware of ??

I'm not to sure why the price has gone up either?? Very odd, but perhaps it has something to do with the HDTV market buying LCD's because they are cheaper?

Best,
Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Old 10-18-2007   #58
Dromedary

Jay,

I believe you. I wonder whether this has anything to do with who is paying whom for which review??

Tom
Old 10-18-2007   #59
Camel Breath

Or who got a free monitor for the review lol money talks!!

Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Old 10-30-2007   #60
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445

OK - I am back in Asia and in buy-mode. I have seen Benq in the shops, but what if I can't find the model listed above? Is it the only very good option from Benq?

Just trying to prepare myself for the very real possibility that I'll see 20 BenQ monitors and none of them will be FP24IW...

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: