Dell 24" monitor - Page 5
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007   #41
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 92
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Dell 24" monitor

Great News.
Crotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #42
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445

I've had no problems either. In fact I've a card reader that died before any of my cards.

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #43
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 194

Athena and Others,

If you are looking for a good 24 inch monitor that is reasonably priced and a good choice for photo editing, you may want to look at the Planar unit. This is essentiallly the same price as the DELL 2407 and a bit more than the Samsung 245 BW. All three monitors are good values. Frankly all three monitors have nearly identical specifications. Yes, I am fully satisfied with my DELL monitor, but if I had to pick one of the three, any one would enable me to edit the way I desire without limiting my ability to produce. I hope this helps you.

Tom
Tom Swaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #44
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

I've only tried a couple of 24" LCD's but am absolutely besotted with my BenQ. It really is very detailed and easy on the eye. I prefer it to my Apple 24" iMac screen, and I thought that was amazing at the time. BTW, there was another thread on the camel talking about WS LCD's where these monitors were discussed.

http://photocamel.com/forum/computer...gular-lcd.html
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #45
Dromedary

Paul,

I totally agree with you. I actually looked at the current Apple monitors before buying my Ben-Q. I felt the Ben-Q and the Samsung wer both visibly better than the Apple as well as being several hundred dollars lower in cost.

Tom
Tom Swaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #46
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swaman View Post
Samsung is cheaper and, IMHO, just as good, however, the 2407 had some features that made me buy this rather than the Samsung 245BW. Both sould give close to equal performance. I believe that ACER is out of business and is the parent of BenO who makes the DELL 2407.

Tom
The Samsung is height-adjustable, I believe, but from everything I read, the Dell can be lowered lower than the Dell, which is or can be important.
Old 09-03-2007   #47
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Shields View Post
I've only tried a couple of 24" LCD's but am absolutely besotted with my BenQ. It really is very detailed and easy on the eye.
Paul, is this the model?

Newegg.com - BenQ FP241W Black 24" 16ms (6ms GTG) DVI Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor 1080P 500 cd/m2 1000:1 - Retail
Old 09-03-2007   #48
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002

Yes, that's the one. I currently have it VESA mounted in the kitchen as a mythtv screen via DVI, but the base it comes with is very substantial. Seems to be hydraulic, so can be raised and lowered very easily (as well as tilted to vertical if needed).
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #49
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 61045

Hmm tuff choice. The BenQ and the Samsung SyncMaster 244T are my 2 choices at this point. I guess I'll read the reviews again to try and find more info on both.

It's really difficult to find the in depth specs some of you have found and I really appreciate you all sharing!

Best,
Jay

SonyAlphaLab.com
Now On Google+

Jason Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #50
Dromedary

Worm324,

The specs are out there, but these are not complete for photo efiting use. These state the maxium output of the monitors, but not the minimums so you have zero feeling for what the controls can or will do.

I am curious, why the 244T rather than the 245BW?

Tom

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: