Dell 24" monitor - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 47
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Dell 24" monitor

I've been using a BenQ 24" LCD recently, and can safely say it's by far the sharpest and most accurate monitor I've ever used (even compared to the Apple 24"). I'd recommend checking one out before making a decision. TrustedReviews - BenQ FP241W 24in Widescreen Monitor
Old 03-07-2007   #12
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445

Thanks for all the information guys!
The Dell is still on my shopping list. Have had some trouble sourcing it here (rural Asia), so if push comes to shove I might have to go with the Apple for that reason. Would rather not though because I don't want the bother of changing the video card too...

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 7568
Editing OK?: Yes

Athena has it right, the Dell 2407 version 3 is what I plan to shop for. Would love to have another thousand dollars for the LaCie, but just can't hack it.
golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007   #14
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 194

I hope all you LCD monitor experts are still around. I am trying to buy a new monitor and I have more or less chosen either the Samsung 245BW or the Dell 2407-hc(made by BenQ). I would welcome any suggestions on whether there are any big differences between these. The Samsung is a bit cheaper at present, but there are advantages to dealing with DELL when you have DELL computing products. HE:P PLEASE??

Thank you,
Tom
Tom Swaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007   #15
I'm around sometimes

CamelKarma: 86064
Editing OK?: Yes

if I remember correctly also the 2407 has hdcp support, which allows hdtv output of 1080p on the monitor.

I used a 2405 for a long time, and the 3007wfp was a great replacement for it.
Old 07-23-2007   #16
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445

These monitors are dual voltage, aren't they? I wonder what my chances of smuggling one back to Thailand with me are... (just kidding)

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007   #17
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 92

I've been using the Dell 2407 WFP for a few months now and love it. Calibrated with the Eye One Display 2 it is superior to my older Samsung and Sony. When I say superior I mean by leaps and bounds. I should mention that I am not one to run out and buy the most expensive gadgets for photography. I am very careful who I give a part of my income to. Unless it is a lens. Even then I am disposed to by an excellent used lens over a brand new Nikon or Mamiya lens.

I only mention the "thrifty" part as I, when I was younger, had to have the latest and greatest and got burned more than once. Now, I am very careful to do my homework before buying anything photographic.
Crotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #18
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 194

Are you saying that the DELL 2407 WFP HC is something to Crowe about?

Tom

P.S. Okay, I agree completely and will also Crowe about mine. I dearly love my new 2407 WFP HC.
Tom Swaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #19
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 92

Go back to school "old timer". There is no E in crow. would you like me to post several pages of family history that will inform you as to how the "E" got there?

Suffice it to say that, in my opinion, the Dell is a bargain, Not top of the line "gotta have" to give professional results, but, will do the same thing if you are knowledgeable about what does and doesn't give beautiful results. You have to have the right stuff to tune it. I have indicated what I use. That is neither a recommendation nor an abdication. Advice is free, dedication costs.
Crotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #20
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swaman View Post
I hope all you LCD monitor experts are still around. I am trying to buy a new monitor and I have more or less chosen either the Samsung 245BW or the Dell 2407-hc(made by BenQ). I would welcome any suggestions on whether there are any big differences between these. The Samsung is a bit cheaper at present, but there are advantages to dealing with DELL when you have DELL computing products. HE:P PLEASE??

Thank you,
Tom
Here's some customer reviews. I have read reviews on that site indicating Samsung is branding cheaper LCD's (Acer and Chi-something or other).

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: