Switching from Win to Apple - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2015   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Switching from Win to Apple

Oh absolutely. The Mac OS is not perfect.

I suppose everyone is different, and one system will be easier to learn then another. I'm sure someone will say windows is a lot easier and makes more sense than the Mac OS. Also if you switch there will be learning curve. Some people will like the new system, some probably won't.

I haven't used windows for a long time. I dont remember which version I used, maybe '95 or XP. In any event windows was not for me. And no, I'm not exaggerating by much. There were many many times when I was so frustrated, I want to throw the computer out the window. The sight of watching the thing shatter would have made me feel better for sure. Is the Mac OS totally frustration free? No. But it's orders of magnitude better. At least for me, and the way my mind works anyway. The beauty of things is that at least we all have options which computer we can get.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No

Well-said, Rob.

As for the fetal position, believe me, I came this close. I literally wanted to cry the last two days out of frustration with this high-end PC (see Hanging Photos thread for a background).
Old 05-30-2015   #13
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Editing OK?: Ask First

Well like I said though, the Mac is not touble free either. I suppose nothing is ever 100 trouble free. If you have an Apple Store near by, go and look around, play with the stuff, and ask questions. Nothing better than using the stuff to see how it all actually works.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015   #14
Camel Breath

That's what I did, Rob. An hour later, I left the store with a MacBook Pro and 27 inches monitor

The friend that went with me to the shop explained quickly (20-25 minutes) how Apple works, then later played with for a while, and now I'm good to go. The switch was smooth and easy.

They didn't have an 8-core Mac Pro but that can wait a while, no rush.

Old 06-01-2015   #15
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes

I use both Windows and Apple machines. In fact I started with an Apple II, then went to the IIe, IIc etc. Even bought the first Mac - an 'awesome' machine with 128k RAM and a 9 inch monochrome screen.
Having worked in the financial services industry some 40 years forced me to use Windows since it is the standard OS for the business world and much of the software was simply not available for my Mac.
I continue to enjoy my MacBook Pro but prefer to use my Windows machines with which I have become more accustomed.
Old 06-03-2015   #16
Camel Breath

So far sooo good.

Didn't hook the new monitor up yet but I will shortly, after I copy some data files from the old PC (if it works).
Old 06-04-2015   #17
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039

well the thing is a windows system is probably more upgradable both hardware and software, more customizable, you simply can built one depending on your need and upgrade along the way. mac is simply expensive since it's branded and 3rd party hardware has to be approved by apple for it to work. remember those ipohne 5/ipads/ipad mini wired chargers that wont properly work if it is not made by an authorized apple hardware maker?

its funny that the manufacturing plant of apple making Macs, ipads and iphones are using windows based computers and machines..

Apple's Top Shelf Mac Made With Windows? | TechFaster

post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: