Oh... My... God!!! - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007   #51
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 24
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Oh... My... God!!!

Great to hear your recovery is coming along Chip. Most are not that lucky.

Jose, The only sure way to back up your data is using several mediums and at least one of those off site from the rest. IE: hard drive, backup drive(or 2+drives in raid with one set up as backup), CD/DVD, and once or more copies stored on another server off site or disks stored off site(deposit box).

I personally recommend a 2+hard drive set up in raid with one as backup and DVD disks stored in a deposit box. Burning to DVD as you go and putting them in a deposit box regularly is fairly inexpensive if done as you go vs waiting and trying to burn 2-3 hundred gig at one time. As far as getting 2 or more drives set up for backup in raid they have come out with external drives preset up and easy to install by a layman. No more need to pay a tech lots of cash to set it up for you.

I am learning more about the camera and photography every time out and i keep my mistakes to remind me I still know nothing!!!!!!!
Jwilmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #52
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Oh... My... God!!!

I just pulled the trigger on two Seagate 500 GB ES series SATA drives. This will put me at 750 GB of mirrored internal storage, and 250 GB of off site storage (file server). That ought to do for a while. I never thought I'd reach the end of my storage so soon! The next step in my plan is do as Brian recommended, and either add an internal shelf, or an external unit.

jfrancho is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: