Helicon Photo Safe
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 41250
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Helicon Photo Safe

Is anyone using Helicon Photo Safe image management software? It has some features worth checking out if you are looking for a method of organizing your photos and don't want to go the Lightroom, etc. route. There is a free version and a pro version. The Pro version is $19 $16 on sale right now) and is worth it if you only a few of the features it has.

I've recommended it to some of my family who aren't into photography other than taking point and shoot photos. They like it because it is simple and helps them keep track of their photos which otherwise would have been scattered and lost all over their computer hard drive. The Search function looks for photos by date, by camera by file type, and several other parameters including And/or selections to narrow down searches.

Old 12-28-2014   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Helicon Photo Safe

Just a suggestion for future consideration. When you post a reference to a software product (hardware products too), it would be most helpful to your fellow 'Camel readers if you would also post a URL so that they can go and check the product out.

For those interested, the product can be found here - http://www.heliconsoft.com/heliconso...o-safe/​

WesternGuy
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 41250
Editing OK?: Yes

Sorry, WesternGuy. I thought I was already sounding too much like a salesman and figured they could Google it as I did and you were able to do.
Sing141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sing141 View Post
Sorry, WesternGuy. I thought I was already sounding too much like a salesman and figured they could Google it as I did and you were able to do.
No problem! It is just that my thought always is that if you (the Poster) are going to tell me (the reader) about something like new software or hardware, I will always appreciate having the relevant URL posted so I don't have to spend time with Google. Anything that you can do to save me time is always appreciated.

WesternGuy

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: