Who has a mac? - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

View Poll Results: Do you have a mac?
Yes 128 62.44%
No 31 15.12%
Don't want one. 17 8.29%
Maybe later. 29 14.15%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2007   #21
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Who has a mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcozz View Post
One original MacBook (white), but soon to get a new MacBook Pro (waiting for the next update).
Out of interest, what's to be expected in the next updates? Faster CPU I guess as that's the world we now live in with the Mac/Intel marriage. I've put off a macbook so far mainly because I just wouldn't use it enough.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #22
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 919
Editing OK?: Ask First

Been a proud Powerbook user for almost 8 years now. Still have a Windows desktop becuase of work, but do almost everything else on my Mac.
digitalzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007   #23
Llama

CamelKarma: 3940

I'm an old time PC user - but my background is Engineering and the old rule was Numbers/PC & Graphics/Mac. Most of the stuff I currently use in only available for PC (AutoCAD).

Your choice should be largely what you can get help with. If most of your support is Mac then get a Mac, if most PC then PC... Generally, what you do in one can be done on the other - you just go about it a little differently.

I've set up an older machine and am experimenting with OSX-86 just to try out the Mac experience and overall I like it - don't prefer it (bet remember I'm a PC guy). If Apple released OSX for the PC they would definitely have me as a customer.

Also remember that Linux is a viable option - but, IMO, you still have to be a bit of a hacker to make it shine.
SquirrelDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007   #24
Llama

CamelKarma: 199337

Either way you go they will both get the job done. I deal more with the hardware aspect of computers so keep this in mind no matter which direction you decide. Dual Processors, or Dual core is the way to go right now, even Mac is using Intel processors now, but do not discount the G5 processor. Get a system that supports the most memory. 2gb or more is really nice, also a large fast hard drive. Do some pricing on the software you will require as far as PC verse Mac.
Other than that, PC or Mac, your money, ultimately your choice.
Mr Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007   #25
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 175505

I too use Mac. I have three. An old G4, a laptop and the newest and cutest one, a macMini. Looks lika makeup box =)
Old 05-25-2007   #26
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Over the years I have had 11 desk top Mac computers Mostly Towers but Some iMac which is the one I'm using now a 24" Duo iMac and 8 lap tops which I'm using the Macbook Pro now
MKirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #27
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

I just got a 13" Macbook two days ago, so I now own a Mac. =)
Old 05-27-2007   #28
Llama

CamelKarma: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanstendig View Post
I've had top-of-the-line Macs since the Apple II ca. 1981-82. Many logical things about computing can't be used on the PC because Mac had them first (like the upper menu bar, for example, instead of that illogical "start" menu at the bottom of the screen, where no one naturally tends to look).Mark
Just so you know. The bar on windows can be moved to any side you want just by dragging it to the top or sides.

I remember my Mac Plus days. who would have thought that you'd ever need more than 1MB of RAM.
Old 05-27-2007   #29
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 9684

I have an Powerbook 12", 1.33GHz, 1Gb ram that my girlfriend now uses.
Also an Macbook 15", 2.13 GHz Core2Duo, "Gb ram that i use for work and for all my photos and personal things i use an PC with 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 2Gb ram.

Right now this post is written on the Macbook.

As stated before, Parallels or VmWare fusion or bootcamp can be used to run windows on the Macbook as well. I have Parallels and bootcamp and runs an Vista installation as well on the macbook, works great.
riha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #30
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I have a black Macbook and a homebuilt PC desktop.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: