Toshiba HD Problem
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2014   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 8577
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Toshiba HD Problem

Several months ago I upgraded my external HDs from Western Digital 500GB & 1TB to two Toshiba 3TB drives. I use one drive as my main depository for photos and music and the other one as a backup. It's not the most elaborate storage/backup system but one does what one can.

My problem is that periodically the Toshiba drives shut off without any input from me. Sometimes they come back on by themselves and sometimes I have to disconnect the power cord and re-connect before my computer recognizes the drives again.

This is starting to be a bothersome situation.

Does anybody have any insight into this type of behavior from Toshiba external HDs?

Mithras is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: