Anyone using a hi-res display? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014   #11
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 2530
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Anyone using a hi-res display?

Hi There! My two PA's are 27 inch. "cause I have two identical play stations, work stations to you.

Cheers

David (the character that wrote the essay on LSI' Printao
4david8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 259
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhi View Post
I use a Toshiba intel core i7 Laptop for all my photo needs with a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 (4K), which is way more advanced than the 2560 x 1440 resolution mentioned by Mr. JD Art.
I find no problems with the screen font as I type the reply to this thread or read my email.
Fonts are pretty normal even on Word 2013. If I need larger fonts on the go I just use the Control & the plus minus keys on the Laptop.
Yep some Adobe lettering is pretty small but their PDF format as well as Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 5.6 message windows are OK.
The Toshiba has a 20 GB RAM + there is another 10 GB on the independant Display Card. Has a 1 TB hard disc.
And there are some three screen color tuning software including contrast, which helps me tune the Pentax K-5 LCD screen with the Laptop.
Photos are a pleasure to watch on a hi-res screen.
Regards
nanhi
camp: Thornhill, Ontario.

Where did you get it with 20GB Memory and 10GB Video card and for how much did you pay?
RRRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014   #13
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 450862
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Wouldn't most want 2 monitors, over one really wide one? Maybe 2 monitors of the same brand and model, if possible?
I guess I would like two monitors for one specific case: So I can switch one off, if it is not needed.

But just one wide screen is nice as well (I have a 21:9 screen, if you haven't done the math from my previous post), because color and image quality is the same across the screen and of course, you have no black borders if you need to view something very wide. I've read so much from people who are unable to get two screens to match in color temperature.
All the best, Silv. Contributor to our fine-art photography blog, mixed with some documentation shots. @Kamerahelden on Twitter. Always happy about insightful critique of my photos here on the camel and elsewhere.

Berliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 259
Editing OK?: Ask first

A wide screen is great for viewing Video or Panoramas, but
I often find a need for a taller screen for text or even Video time line production.
I used to have a Pivot Monitor and you would be surprised how often you would switch from horizontal to vertical mode.
So, for me, two 30" monitors currently works best.
When shorter and wider becomes the norm, I may be forced to use 4.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: