What SW do you use to calibrate your devices?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Lightbulb What SW do you use to calibrate your devices?

Hi,
I am trying to find a good software for display calibration, compatible with my old sensor if possible (spyder3). As Iím new at all this calibration/profiling stuff, preferably something simple to use. Also, when I know more, Iím planning to profile camera and printer.
Could someone please advise? What do you use?
Thanks!

Old 10-06-2014   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 3178128
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: What SW do you use to calibrate your devices?

The software you need should be on this page:

Knowledgebase - Powered by Kayako Fusion Help Desk Software

For those with such interests, here's a page that lists the gear I use: Buck's Gear

Life is like photography... FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives, and if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!!!
Buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #3
Alpaca

Hello, Alice
You can try PressProof 3 - it's compatible with your sensor and you can choose a license for just a display, printer, camera or all together. I'm sure you won't experience difficulties with Pressproof - it's very user-friendly. Hope it helps.
NatalieQubyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #4
Alpaca

I've used the Spyder for a great many years. Still functions fine every month on my XP.
Qsabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525

I had troubles getting a good calibration with my Spyder3 when I got wide-gamut monitors.
I found DispCalGUI which does a great job and it's free. The only downside is the calibration (at least with the options I have selected) runs for 2 hours on each monitor - so I get it started before I go to bed or when I'm heading to work.

dispcalGUI?Open Source Display Calibration and Characterization powered by Argyll CMS
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 230434
Editing OK?: No

I switched to the Spider4Pro and works great. Always used the software I did get with the hardware. The 3Pro dit a very good job. Still use it for quick calibration of the monitors of my clients that I give a workshop Lightroom.
Koban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014   #7
Alpaca

Thank you all for the responses. After careful consideration, reading etc. I decided to choose PressProof3 by qubyx. I liked the trial and their display license is worth every "penny" paid for it.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: