If you can't install iOS 8.01
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default If you can't install iOS 8.01

... you are not alone.
I was trying to update my iPad to Apple's latest OS and getting repeated error messages such as: " .... unable to verify iOS 8.01 as you are not connected to the internet".

After checking, double checking my network connections to confirm I was indeed connected to the net I continued to get the same message.
My further investigations determined that Apple has pulled the update and is working on a fix but no specific timeframe has been given.
This matter also impacts iPhone users.

More info here:

Misfire! Apple yanks botched iOS 8.0.1 update - CNET

- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 90102
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: If you can't install iOS 8.01

Honestly, unless you have an iPad AIR, there is little reason to upgrade to IOS 8... unless you enjoy a big drop in performance, massively shorter battery life and lots of little bugs to enhance the quality of your life.

A quick google will give you article upon article of mini horror stories from people that for some unknown reason just fall into the trap of needed the latest and so-called greatest.

My iphone is still v.6.1, it runs fast and smooth, there are no applications that I must have that are ISO 7 or 8 only, the battery lasts me on average 2-3 days. My friend upgraded his phone to ISO 7... basically turned his phone into the center of his universe in terms of frustrations. He's now gone IOS 8 and he told me "if you think I was frustrated before, they've managed to push me new depths of their depravity"..."

He's likely going the Samsung android route today, and I don't blame him.

All that to say... before upgrading, go online and see how others are faring. I have people that want to buy my stupid phone because it is NOT upgraded... lol

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 43
Editing OK?: Ask First

iOS 8.0 and 8.01 = a grenade with the pin just waiting to be pulled!

Doug
Old 09-25-2014   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 58394711
Editing OK?: Ask First

My daughter upgraded hers to 8.0, but my husband said that his IT department told them not to upgrade until they had finished testing it.

I didn't upgrade mine yet. DD keeps telling me about things that have changed...

Jerry, my daughter and I both have Air, but my husband's is the earlier version.

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 20612880
Editing OK?: Ask first

Thanks for the post Wolf. You saved me a bunch of time. My wife was getting the same message on her Ipad Air.
Donspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes

Thanks very much for your input Jerry and Doug. I will defer the upgrade until Apple gets the issues straightened out.
Makes me glad I switched my Smartphone to an HTC One (Android).

- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: