Canon scanner Canoscan 8400F driver Wind 7, 64 bits
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Canon scanner Canoscan 8400F driver Wind 7, 64 bits

L.S.
I had to re-install my computer after a crash so Windows 7,64 bits and all the other programs including the drivers for my Canon scanner 8400F.
That driver, 8400fvst6410231a_64en I found at Canon USA and downloaded it without problems,but during opening it it sticks at a window WinZip SelfExtractor-8400fvst6410231a_64en.exe ; and whatever I tried it sticks!
Another windows shows: WinZipself-Extractor Error 5 running command .\8400fvst6410231a_64en\SetupSG.exe .
Is there anybody who can give me an advice how to solve this problem,by now I can not use my scanner or I have to buy the VueScan program ad $90 which is ok,I tried it but in the past the ScanGear program delivered withe scanner,but only for wind. XP was also ok for me and free.
Thanks in advance,

Kees

Old 09-17-2014   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Canon scanner Canoscan 8400F driver Wind 7, 64 bits

L.S.
I found the solution by myself just some time ago:I found the solution via Configurationscreen,management of hardware, cameras and scanners and there I had to rightclick at the 8400F which had to be switched on.there I just clicked at Update driver and in some seconds the problem was solved although I can not use the scanner in Photoshop CS 6 but only in Paintshop Pro X4 which is ok for scanning negatives and dias.
Greetings,
Kees

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: