Elements Program Error
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Elements Program Error

I recently bought a new digital camera (the Samsung NV10), and I find that when I download the pictures from the camera to my computer, Photoshop Elements 4 can read and modify the JPGs, but when I try to save my modifications, it says "Could not comlplete your request because of a program error."

To work around this, I have to delete the file from my folder before I save the version I've modified.

More recently, I had Costco develop some film and provide low res. scans on CDs, and when I load these JPGs into my computer, Photoshop Elements 4 has the same problem updating them.

None of these JPG files are read-only, so they should be updateable. And the workaround--delete the original file before saving the modified version--is an annoyance. I don't have this problem with other digital cameras, or with scans from the photo labs I use for high res scans.

Does anyone have any insight into this problem--or a less annoying work-around?

Old 02-13-2007   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 16
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Elements Program Error

Sounds weird. Is it possible that although the files aren't read only, the folder containing them (or one of the folders containing that folder, etc) is set read only?

If that was the case, I'd expect it to complain when you deleted them manually, though. Odd.
timjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Elements Program Error

Try this:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc2eea5

It's amazing what those forums have in them. This item was #3 in a search for your error message.

brian.austin is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: