Photoshop CS5, 32 bit vs 64 bit - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop CS5, 32 bit vs 64 bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will in Tejas View Post
All mine shows is the 64 bit in the start menu.
It is possible that when you installed it, the option to also install the 32 bit version was not selected. If you do not have a CS5 folder in the X86 programs folder, then it isn't installed in which case you should be able to run the installer again.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014   #12
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 8899192
Editing OK?: Ask First

Murray it is in both folders. I'm good with it. I'm probably going to upgrade anyway. I shot some ISO 3200 this evening though with the 70D and there is hardly any noise, at least not that is distracting so I may leave to stand alone since I probably will not be using it that much anyway.

Sony gear
Bill in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

With the 64-bit version, it's all about access to more memory, I think, which is increasingly important these days (unfortunately). Otherwise, I notice no speed difference at all. I was happiest, overall, with CS3.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: