Win7x64 won't see 70D - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 105
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Win7x64 won't see 70D

Good morning and thanks again.
It's like trying to figure out a lock combination. Sooner or later we'll get it.

Your help is appreciated!

Great avatar pic BTW. Is that a Kingfisher variant?
I've got a Kingfisher that perches a few yards outside my back window. Now that the skeeters are coming out, I can't really set up with the window screen open, laying in wait, for an opportunity to get his portrait.
-Nice shot!
daveyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 46181528

Beginning to run out of ideas, it's always difficult without actually seeing the problem 1st hand. As to the avatar, it's a common kingfisher Alcedo atthis and is the only resident kingfisher we have in England.

www.kevinagar.uk

My flickr site

Bird Life List 1241
Bird Photographed Life List 1050
Canon 7DMkII, 7D, 500L F4.0, 100-400L, 1.4 Extender, Speedlite 430EXII
Frogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #13
Vicuna

I'm confident I'll figure it out by combining what you found with what I've seen as possible solutions. If not, I'll call Canon.

Long story short - My Win 7 x64 home system saw my 30D and my work camera (5D) and EOS utility worked great, but won't see the 70D. My Win7 x64 work system wouldn't see my 30D, or the 5D but, sees the 70D upon attachment. I had an old XP x32 laptop that saw the 30D but not the 5D.

It's inconsistent and a bit ridiculous. Hence my completely justified initial rant.

They keep changing the communications protocol between camera versions, and Windows versions which leads to haphazard and random function.

With all the problems we've seen in our research, and over the years (as you've seen dating back to old KISS models), you'd think one of the companies would just write a driver and make it available for download.

I may call Canon today and hopefully be done with it but, fully expect to work at it for another week before success.

Again, I greatly appreciate your assistance and you found some great info that wasn't revealed in my searches.
Old 05-11-2014   #14
Vicuna

Win! But no steadfast method.

I screwed my PC up so badly in attempts to get it working, I had no choice than to revert back to a disk image I made in January.
Now, I'm very careful what I install and I keep my machine pretty monitored/clean. I know of nothing that I've loaded since January that would stop the camera from functioning.

After running every possible patch from MS, and playing with USBdeview (or whatever it's called) my USB function ceased completely.

But, magic has once again has proven useful. The thing just worked after the re-image, no questions asked. All without loading one darm 'patch' offered by Microsoft; not even SP1 for WIN7.

I really, really wished I was the finder of the sacred trick but, nope. I have nothing to add to the interweb except maybe some tethered pics.

Thank you very much for your help Frogstar...I wish I had a more interesting story.
Old 05-12-2014   #15
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 46181528

Glad you've sorted it out. When I used to work with MRI scanners there were times when something just wouldn't work and the only solution was to reload software. Usual answer was 'well it is Windozes'

www.kevinagar.uk

My flickr site

Bird Life List 1241
Bird Photographed Life List 1050
Canon 7DMkII, 7D, 500L F4.0, 100-400L, 1.4 Extender, Speedlite 430EXII
Frogstar is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: