Lightroom Template Browser Problem
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1774014
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Lightroom Template Browser Problem

Morning All, I have currently got an Epson 3880 and use it to print out of LR. In the template browser window, I currently have 10 folders, not including the Lightroom Templates and User Templates folders. Each folder name refers to a particular paper I use. Eg An example folder name is Hahnemuhle FineArt Baryta. Inside each folder are various size templates for that paper on the printer.
Previously that system has worked fine. However, I now have been fortunate in purchasing a low mileage Epson 7800 with full tanks and full spare tanks. I am duplicating the papers on this. I want to use the same naming system except now change the folder name to also include the Printer name. Having done this, I now have a long list of folders which I suspect will only grow over time.
I have attempted to create two folders called Epson 3880 and Epson 7800 and have the previous folders moved into those root folders if that makes sense. This way, I see at a glance and can select the 7800 folder and go to the correct list of paper folders and then in them are the templates for that printer and paper..
However, I am unable to do this. So, I currently have a long list of folders starting with with either 3880 or 7800. The problem is the potential for picking the wrong one. Perhaps it is being overly ambitious but is what I am after possible? Or failing that, is there a workaround that I have missed?
Thanks for your time.. Smiley

btw, I have the D65 book as well as Martin Evenings book but was unable to find an answer in there...

Onslow
Onslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 540570
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Lightroom Template Browser Problem

I found this link for you. Maybe it will help.http://help.adobe.com/en_US/lightroo...218287EA6.html Check out the create and organize section.
wdesigndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1774014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdesigndeb View Post
I found this link for you. Maybe it will help.Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 * Work with custom print templates Check out the create and organize section.
Thanks for that, unfortunately that only replicates my problem. I actually want to have sub folders in the folders, not just templates.

Onslow
Onslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #4
Llama

AFAIK it can't be done. I have a work around that I use in the develop module for my presets (kudos to Jared Platt and Creative Live). I think it would work quite well in the print module too.

This is how I would do it.
Create new folders naming them as follows:

For the first printer:

000_00_YOUR PRINTER NAME (all caps so it stands out like a title)
000_01_your print template name
000_02_your print template name
000_03_your print template name

For the second printer:

001_00_YOUR PRINTER NAME
001_01_your print template name
001_02_your print template name
001_03_your print template name

There is a lot of flexibility this way. You can add more printers and print templates quite easily. If you want to change the order of the templates simply renumber them.
wdesigndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 46181528

If you click the + on the Template Browser you can create a new folder and name it Epson 3880 or Epson 7800. You can then drag and drop the templates into this folder.

www.kevinagar.uk

My flickr site

Bird Life List 1241
Bird Photographed Life List 1050
Canon 7DMkII, 7D, 500L F4.0, 100-400L, 1.4 Extender, Speedlite 430EXII
Frogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014   #6
Llama

, brilliant Kevin. I was trying to add a folder under the User Templates Folder for each printer and then drag the templates into that.....doesn't work.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: