DXO Optics Pro or Lightroom? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: DXO Optics Pro or Lightroom?

Almost all have free trials. I'm partial to Lightroom, but that is me and no one should trust my judgement. Adobe did get out a version of Lightroom for the iPad now, called "Lightroom Mobile". You can sync images from Lightroom on the computer to the tablet, thru the cloud. On the iPad, the image is a smaller version of the large RAW file, but it works well and when you sync, the computer will have your tweaks. You can't do everything from the Develop panel on the iPad, but the basics are good enough for a lot of first passes.

Just an interesting option. Might want to read about it on Adobe's site, or stick with your Windows 8 tablet idea.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 482489
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes

I did try the trials of DxO and Lightroom. Won't be buying an iPad (or anything Apple) and I've given up on Android too. Would like to see how I get on with Windows 8. Still seems somewhat annoying, and some things on there just don't make any sense to me whatsoever, but like Android and iOS, I would like to give it a chance. It certainly appeals to me to have a real OS on a tablet, even if I have no intention of doing any heavy work on it. I still like desktop computers really.
d90709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No

different tools for different jobs:
DxO highest quality + architecture
LR for creative work
Aftershot Pro for bread and butter work

Rense is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: